Chapter 51

I looked at my surrounding as I kept my handbag on the bed and then back at the glass door towards the balcony. Never had I ever thought that I would be returning back to the same place where I used to live and be in a hotel room. Nothing changed in the city and people around me seemed to be moved on with their lives but it was really nice being able to meet my former colleagues.

I made my way towards the balcony as I slid the glass door open and walked out carefully. I was on the twenty-second floor and I looked down towards the street to find a nasty traffic jam and people honking like crazy. The weather was nice and cool but the sun shone brightly as I smiled and went back in.

There was a big mirror in the room that reflected my figure and as I stood right before it, a sigh escaped my mouth as I kept my hand on my belly. I was two months pregnant and surely I did put on some weight which I was afraid that Caleb would notice immediately. Though I acted normal, my heart was racing against my chest when he said I had gained some weight.

I took the flight right away wanting to be with him. I wanted to share with him that I was pregnant with his child and I have a wish to be with him. But, I was not sure how he would react. We were meeting after two months and I was sure he would ever expect me to reveal such a thing. I was scared what if I scared him and what if he was not ready. I can't even think of my life without him.

I knew that there was a lot on his plate and I didn't wanted to add more to his troubles but I had a baby growing inside my belly and he needed to know. I was also worried about my studies and also that vile woman, Giselle who haunted me in my dreams. Just a thought of her wanting to hurt my child or Caleb made me angry and I was shocked how suddenly within no time, I had grown motherly instincts and was being protective of my child.

If anything I knew, I wanted the child. Sure, I was in no way planning to get pregnant or raise a kid or even start my family but it happened. And now, I am really happy and want to share it with it, Caleb. I was also worried about my studies. I had no idea how I was going to cope up with motherhood and my diploma. There was no way, I was going to back down from my studies but there was also no way I would ever neglect my child.

I simply didn't have any idea what to do.

If only I could get some advice from someone then it would have been nice. Time like this makes me miss my parents a lot. I wondered how they would have reacted when I told them that I was pregnant and they had successfully become grandparents to my kid. My mother would have definitely advised me about motherhood and I wouldn't been this stressful.

I turned to my side as I raised my shirt up to look at my belly. It already had a small bump and kept my hand on my belly with a smile on my face when the door opened and Caleb got in as he looked my way raising an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I shook my head and pulled my shirt down as I walked to the bed and sat on it.

"Are you seriously worried that I told you you have put on some weight?" he joked as he placed a bag on the table and walked up to me.

"You are beautiful. Don't worry about such things. I really love the way you are," he said as he bent down and kissed my forehead.

"But you are right though! I did gain some weight. I should start a diet!" I told him and he huffed.

"No need! You are fine the way you are! Don't go to such extents," he sat next to me and I hugged him.

"So will you still love me if I grow fat like a cow?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Even if you become an elephant, my love for you won't change," he told me and I grinned.

"But I can't tell the same for you!" I told him and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he looked down at me.