Breaking point

Carlos POV:

I'm so tired. I can barely stay up after the credits of the show, I see TK snuggled into my side looking very comfortable and I count my lucky stars for this man. God only knows what I would have done without him today.

It's like my body was under some type of spell compelling me to listen to whatever he said. I wasn't going to meet him for lunch though. I would never do that to TK or myself.

I preached about being strong and leaving your abuser, if I had lunch with him that would contradict everything that I stand for. He wasn't going to have that type of power over me, not anymore.

He picks up the remote turning the TV off while I grab the covers , putting it on both of us for some much needed sleep.

*8 hours later *

I wake TK up knowing he has a shift today rubbing his back softly. He blinks up at me his eyes clouded with sleep and I smile at him.

He's beautiful, the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I'm truly blessed to call him mine, he could have anyone he wanted but he choose me.

I move his hair out of his face , softly moving my fingers through the soft brunette strands.

" Morning baby, you okay after yesterday?" He nodded

" I should be asking you, that was so crazy." I nod my head rubbing my eyes.

"I'm a cop I'm used to crazy babe." I raise my arms out stretching with TK still on my chest, he slides down my body and just moans.

"I don't want to get up! Why do I have to be an adult?" I laugh at him , he's like this every morning no matter what time he wakes up.

I kiss his nose and quickly get ready in the bathroom. We switch off , and I go into the closet seeing a yellow bag in the corner , I walk towards it when TK calls my name.

"Papi, ma's on the phone!" I jog towards him to get it. He holds the phone over his head being playful.

I love playful TK. I kiss him and grab my phone at the same time winking.

"CHEATER!!" I put the phone to my ear laughing. Then I hear my ma,

" you better not be cheating on my son-in-law Carlos Javier Reyes!"

  I hear TK behind me stifling his laugh and I flip him off in the mirror.

"Hey ma, no I wouldn't do such a thing. He was joking, how are you and papa? Is he healing okay?"

She sighs, " Yes he's doing much better. Ever since TK brought him that fruit bowl that's the only thing he eats for breakfast on weekends now."

"I can bring him more ma, just text me!"

I smile at him calling her ma, I love there relationship. I'm glad they blend well, even my dad is in love with TK. That was the most surprising thing ever to me.

" Would you please this Sunday?"

"Yes ma'am , what time?"

"I'd say around 2:00?"

"Okay, I have to cancel on dinner on Saturday. I have to get an x-ray the next day and they told me not to eat a lot the night before. Next Saturday though?"

"Sure thing honey, listen I love you both stay safe. I heard about a man breaking into your house mijo, please be careful okay?"

Tk gives me a hug and I kiss the top of his hair " Yes ma I will be, we both will. We love you too."

She hangs up and I take out the trash from our plates into the kitchen throwing them away. I need to have a weekend off so I can deep clean my house again. I haven't done one since last week. I try to do one every week, obviously I'm a germ freak.