Deep trauma

{ TK POV:

Punching the punching bag in the workout room isn't helping. Was Carlos really mad? Or has he gotten over it by now? I mean it has been a couple hours....

Who is this man? How dare he fill up my thoughts. I'm not going to double text him over a situation this small. I continue punching the bag , putting in my headphones this time. I hear the siren and run to the truck.

Back to work.

It's a simple call, one of the usual's . Owner's cat is in a tree and they can't get them down. We move into action and get the cat down in no time. We head back to the station , I have 10 minutes left on my shift.

I pass time by going into the workout room again, lifting weights this time. I look at my watch and realize I'm done.

Going to the back to clock-out , I see my dad.

"Hey kid, I have to do some overtime. Are you going to be good?" I nod my head

" Yeah I'll be good, you stay safe. Love you." I said as I kept walking. I say bye to the team and head home. I pass by a bar , " Mathew's bar" very original I thought. I pull into our lot and get out.

* 2 hours later *

I sit in the living room thinking. I have nothing to do , ever since my OD in New York I haven't really been in the house alone. I decided I'll go out for an hour or two and then come back home. I started thinking where should I go? I'm still quite new to Austin so maybe I should stick closer to the apartment, that bar down the street will work.

I get up to go get dressed in my room. I wear a matte red button up with some black ripped jeans to accent the shirt. I throw on 2 silver necklaces and 1 silver ring on my index finger just for the aesthetic. I go into the bathroom , taking some hair gel and gently move my strands onto one side.

I grab my keys off the kitchen table , and put on my dad's leather jacket off the kitchen chair. I lock up and text dad , telling him i'm not home.

I pulled into the parking lot looking for a space , I found one close to the front but I prefer to park in the back where there were more options.

Pulling out my ID , I make my way to the bar deciding on Jameson whiskey on the rocks. Looking around people are dancing and having a good time. I see a dart board and some pool tables, a neat little bar so maybe I'll come here more often.

I take a sip of my drink just listening to the music when I feel my phone vibrate in my jacket, I pull it out and look to see what it was.

Papi Carlos- Yeah, where though ?

I smile at my phone reading his message , I respond in a better mood than before.

" I thought you blew me off for a couple hours.."

Papi Carlos- Why would I blow you off?

" I don't know, I thought we were arguing over the buddy situation.. from earlier."

Papi Carlos- We did a lot of things earlier , I was just busy and didn't want to leave you on read. My over thinker 😘

" Fuck you 😭"

Papi Carlos- that you will. Am I picking you up or are we meeting somewhere?

" Oh, I'm at this bar down the street from my house it's called Mathews bar"

Papi Carlos- I barely go to bars, lucky I like you Sexiest firefighter in Austin.

"I like you too Papi. You want anything, I'm at the bar."

I don't get a response after a few minutes he must be driving, I order him mineral water with orange juice. He's light weight and works in the morning. I look at the dart board seeing no one is using it anymore. Maybe when Carlos gets here we can play a few rounds.