Chapter 71: Dahlia.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Mr. Greene scoffed, adjusting his position in the armchair. "If only her light and her life weren't ripped away from her. If only someone protected her more, and actually looked after her."

"With all due respect, Mr. Greene, I'm sure Andrew would've made sure she didn't come if he knew something bad was going to happen. But no one knew someone like this could happen...to anyone. It wasn't anybodies fault except the person who pulled that trigger." I defended for Andrew. He was still frozen.

"Now, I just want Andrew to know that I won't ever truly forgive him for taking Bellamy out that night, even if it wasn't his fault. But I hate seeing him like this." Mrs. Greene looked at Andrew who remained the same. "I never wanted Andrew to spend his time mourning over the life—lives that were lost that day. I want for him to move on with his life; he's so young. It's too late for us, but for him? He's got a whole future ahead of him. I would want him to make Bellamy proud."

"Thank you so much for letting us stay and come over. I know how hard it was for you to talk about your daughter after all this time." I looked at the both of them sincerely.

"We needed it. So, thank you." She gave me a half-smile.

I got up, grabbing Andrew's arm. I pulled him to his feet as well, snatching the sonogram out of his hands to give back to Bellamy's parents.

Mrs. Greene took it, and gave one of the pictures back to me.

"Take it." She said. "I'm sure Andrew would want it. It was going to be his daughter anyway."

We all said our goodbyes, except for Andrew who remained quiet, and I pulled him outside guiding him to the car.

I guess I'm going to have to drive home to the hotel tonight.

***

When we get back to the hotel, Andrew sits on the bed with defeat. He didn't say anything the whole car ride. He just watched the houses go by, and the stoplights changing colors.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him, sitting by his side on the bed.

He looks at me with no emotion, before going to the bathroom and slamming the door shut. I sighed, falling back onto the sheets, hearing the door lock.

Maybe he's taking a shower? Or maybe he just needs some alone time to process everything that had happened. I owe him that. Besides, I was the one who practically dragged him here, I'm sure he feels some anger towards me.

I decide to go across the street from the hotel and grab the both of us some dinner. I left Andrew a note on the bed in case he got out of the bathroom while I was gone.

I closed the double doors to our room, and walked to the elevator, trying to let go of every negative thing that happened today.

Andrew Price

Bella was pregnant.

My Bella. My first love.

Somehow my head couldn't wrap around that fact. The fact that if she lived, I would've been a father by now. I would've had my whole life planned out for me, watching our little girl grow up and eventually marrying Bellamy.

I had never even blinked at the fact of marriage and children being in my future. I never took the time to actually think about it because I never wanted it.