~HELPLINES~

Helplines and Websites

Rape

(link cannot be seen)

- Consent for sexual violence "cannot be given by anyone other than the person participating in the sexual activity (for example, your parent, brother or sister, girlfriend or boyfriend, spouse, friend and so on, cannot consent for you or on your behalf)" - Ontario Sexual Violence

Suicide

(link cannot be seen)

+1 (833)-456-4566 - available 24/7/365 (Canada)

Child Services

(link cannot be seen)

+1 (800)-387-5559 (Canada)

Where else can you get help from?

If you are experiencing forced drug abuse, rape, physical and mental torture, you MUST get help from a trusted adult and/or the police or other helplines.

What is Foster Care?

"Foster care is a system in which a minor has been placed into a ward, group home, or private home of a state-certified caregiver, referred to as a "foster parent" or with a family member approved by the state. The placement of the child is normally arranged through the government or a social service agency." -(link cannot be seen)

*How can you legally be committed to an asylum?

In Once Upon A Time, Emma is a thirty-year-old woman who believes in fairy-tales. After Henry eats the apple turnover which Regina had made for Emma to eat, he falls into a sleeping curse, but during the curse of the Final Battle, Emma only remembers that Henry ate the turnover and she was committed to the hospital's psychiatric ward. The reasoning may sound silly, but if (cursed) Emma continued down this road, she could potentially harm herself and others.

(link cannot be seen) and (link cannot be seen)

In Noah Story, Joey Jabolin is committed to the psychiatric ward because he believed in fairy-tales, which is a parallel to The Final Battle Part 2 in Once Upon A Time. But the real reasoning to Joey being committed is shown in the book's second novella, The Devil's Court which tells us more about what really happened after Joey was taken away from Jess after she visited him a year after he was committed.

"Psychiatric hospitals, also known as mental health hospitals, and mental health units, are hospitals or wards specializing in the treatment of serious mental disorders, such as major depressive disorder, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Psychiatric hospitals vary widely in their size and grading. Some hospitals may specialize only in short term or outpatient therapy for low-risk patients. Others may specialize in the temporary or permanent care of residents who, as a result of a psychological disorder, require routine assistance, treatment, or a specialized and controlled environment. *Patients are often admitted on a voluntary basis, but people whom psychiatrists believe may pose a significant danger to themselves or others may be subject to involuntary commitment. Psychiatric hospitals may also be referred to as psychiatric wards or units (or "psych" wards/units) when they are a subunit of a regular hospital." - (link cannot be seen)