Author's Note

Author's note:

Dear Readers,

Before you start reading, please note that this book contains child abuse, asylums, forced drugs, rape, physical and mental torture. The rapes are partly "off-screen". No entire descriptions are written.

If you think that someone is abusing a child or raping someone, please ask for help in the appropriate departments, including the police and Children's Aid and Child Protection. If you think someone is being raped, even if it is a theory, ask for help right away. Drugging someone, engaging in sexual activity with someone against their will, and physically and mentally hurting someone is against the law. Please, I advise you to take a look around and ask someone if they need help. The listed activities above (drug abuse, rape, physical and mental torture) are very inappropriate and one hundred percent illegal. Please help to keep our world safe.

In Chapter 4, there will be a bolded word. This indicates that all dialogue until the next bolded word is inaudible dialogue. I imagined "Slip Away" by Ruelle playing during this scene. It is a very moving and emotional song and I feel that it is the perfect song to be played during this time. The Saviors can hear it because magic is what allows the music and vocals to be heard. The lyrics are italicized to represent background music. For the inaudible dialogue, they are in quotation marks to indicate that the characters are speaking but they can not be heard "off-screen".

It is sung again in Chapter 8, but the name of who is singing the line(s) is shown beside.

In Chapter 7, Ruelle's other song, "Carry You", featuring Fleurie is played.

A mix of the two songs, "Carry You" and "Slip Away" is also in Chapter 8. The mix is by me, the author. I hope you like it!

Thank you for your cooperation with this style of writing I have chosen. I love these two songs and I hope you like them too.

Thank you for reading!

Enjoy,

Tyler Baz