Alyssa's first days in Sunspear were spent inside the palace. Her fair northern skin wasn't made for the strong dornish sun, her walks outside were short, a way to slowly get use to the burning sun without burning herself in the process.

Wearing a thin white dress and a shawl of creamy myrish lace she strode through the gardens of Sunspear. The sun had yet to rise fully, the garden illuminated in a purple and yellow light that shined against the marble of the pathway. On either side of her stood large palms, a tree never seen in the North but native in Dorne.

A soft breeze made her skirts flutter, the shilly wind soft against her skin. This was her favourite time of the day, the sun not in its full power, making it more bearable to walk outside. The garden were almost completely empty, most inhabitants of the castle still sound asleep, it was to early to break the fast yet Alyssa was wide awake.

Clangs could be heard in the distance, catching both Alyssa's attention and her curiosity. Walking towards the sound she came upon a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Two men were sparring, one she did not recognise with a sword and the other one Prince Oberyn spinning a tall spear over his head with grace. It looked to be an even fight, both participants attacking and blocking in swift moves.

With a spin Oberyn managed to knock his opponent to the ground placing the spear against his neck, the other man raising his hands in defeat, yet a smile visible on both of their lips. Like if he was feeling her eyes on him Oberyn turned around, his onyx viper eyes catching her smokey wolf eyes. A wide smirk spread on his face, he turned around to say something to his sparring partner before he strode towards the stairs that led up to the balcony. With a few graceful skips he was up, striding towards her like a snake.

"Ah, Lady Alyssa! How lovely to see you this morning" he took her hand and disposed a small kiss on it. During her days here Alyssa had realised that this was the way Prince Oberyn behaved, but his flirting with her was more teasing than sensual.

"I was taking a walk in the gardens, I am afraid that the morning breeze is more suitable for me than the midday sun" Alyssa said.

"Aye, the dornish sun is harsh on foreigners, I can only imagine the difference between the weather in Dorne and the North" Oberyn stated proudly with a certain glint in his eyes.

"The North is a harsh land, not made for southerners. We northerners can endure the harsh winters whereas you southerners freeze because of a summer breeze" Alyssa said, an air of mischievousness surrounding her.

Oberyn let out a bark of a laugh at her response. "You are right there" Oberyn agreed with a smirk, "but I do not believe you came out here to talk about the weather. How did you enjoy the match?"

"I must admit that I have never seen anyone fight with a spear, in the north most fight with swords or axes" Alyssa commented. The way Oberyn fought intrigued her, he was swift and smooth instead of relying on his strength, something she knew Brandon did when he sparred.

"And what is your weapon of choice Lady Alyssa?" Oberyn asked, a teasing glint in his eyes and a smirk on his lips that Alyssa wanted to wipe away.

"I suppose I will have to say bow and arrows. My father always said it wasn't suitable for a lady to fight and the bow is easier to practice with in secret" Alyssa said, mimicking his smirk.

Oberyn looked a little surprised, but covered it up quickly. "Well, we are going to change that."

Oberyn gave her a mysterious look and kissed her hand once more before walking away, leaving Alyssa completely confused.