DID YOU PICK OUT A RING?

Trevor asking me to be his date for the party was too much of a shock for me, despite our little incident in the car. But when he actually showed up at my apartment's front door, it was whole another level of surprise.

I'm not the kind of girl to be nervous around guys, or handsome guys at that. But there was something about Trevor, from the very first day at work, that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter. Seeing him in a charcoal gray suit with a midnight blue tie, the same shade as my dress, was something from whole another universe.

"You look good. Uhm, actually you look gorgeous." He complimented me, giving me an appreciative glance.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself. Hey, we are even matching." I pointed out the obvious.

There was a look of pure shock on his face as if he noticed it just now. Then his face broke into a huge grin, and I found myself reciprocating the smile.

"Shall we?" His expression back to its calm and collected as he asked offering me his hand.

It was then that I realized that I had yet to put on some heels.

"Uuhhhh, can you wait a minute? I just need to put on my sandals."

"Yeah, sure." He replied easily.

I went back to my room and put on the simple black strappy heels that I had picked out. Checking myself one last time in the mirror, and grabbing my wrap and clutch, I walked back out.

As I was walking towards him, he had this weird expression on his face that I could not decipher. It was gone as soon as I was in front of him.

"Shall we?" He offered his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and walked towards the elevator and then out towards his car. It took us almost 30 minutes to get to the venue. It was 7 already and we knew the guests would be arriving anytime now.

Most of the guests I knew, from the parties hosted by my parents. One's that I did not know, Trevor introduced me to them as his friend. Most of my time was spent with him until my parents and Jase arrived.

"Hey sweetheart, you look lovely." My dad complimented me, kissing my cheek.

"Thanks dad. Hey mom." I said kissing her cheeks.

"Oh, honey you do look lovely. And I see you and Mr.Chapman decided to coordinate." She said winking at me.

That brought a blush to my face thankfully hidden under my subtle makeup.

"Just Trevor, Mrs.Parkinson. And it was just a coincidence that we coordinated. By the way, you are looking beautiful." Trevor said, taking my mother's hand in his and kissed it.

"Oh, such a gentleman. Reminds me when Elijah was your age." She said smiling.

"Come on love. I'm still a gentleman, and young at that." My dad said winking at her.

"Uughhmmm. I'm still here. Can you guys atleast acknowledge me?" Jase piped in.

"Oh your presence never goes unnoticed my friend. Long time no see, Jason." Trevor said to Jase, giving him a bro hug.

"Oh, you look good man. Especially on my sister's arms." Jase said teasing Trevor, punching his arm.

This again illicited a blush from me. My folks were definitely trying to embarrass me today. Trevor did not deny Jase's comment. Rather just smiled at that. He just looked at me and gave me a small smile. And I was just standing there like an idiot.

Just then Stephen's presence saved me from further embarrassment.

"Elijah, good to see you could make it." Stephen said shaking my dad's hand.