ARE YOU TWO SECRETLY DATING.?

Alex in the house.........

                  *****************

"Eh, can you please just remove any variant of caramel you have here?" Trevor asked the man who had brought out the tasting samples.

"Is it an allergen sir? Ofcourse, we could remove them." The lady, who was also the owner of the bakery replied.

"Is it really an allergy, or are you fooling around?" I jabbed him gently with my elbow.

"How could you accuse me of fooling around, Mia. I am not allergic. I just don't like caramel," he replied.

"Go ahead. These are our best flavours, minus caramel," the lady prompted us.

After tasting around a dozen different flavours, I personally liked all of them.

"So, which one do you like the best?" I asked him.

"Honestly, I like this Chocolate Latte flavor best. What about you?" he asked me.

"I like the Tuxedo Torte."

"But what's in there to like. Its just chocolate and vanilla," he asked.

"What's not to like?"

"If you don't mind my interference, I would like to suggest something. Since both of you like two different flavors, we could just make a four tiered cake, with two layers of each of your choice. We won't be wanting a new couple to fight over their wedding cake flavour now. Do we?" the lady said,smiling.

At this, Trevor grinned.

"We won't be fighting now, would we Mrs.Chapman?" Trevor teased me.

"Oh, shut up Trevor. I'm sorry but we are not getting married. I'm just his secretary and we are picking cake flavors for his father's birthday cake." I explained, saving me the embarrassment.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry. It was rude of me to assume." The lady was as red as a tomato.

"No need to apologize. And she is not just a secretary, she is a friend." He added.

After about another 15 minutes, we finalized everything and were on our way back to the office. I was full after all those cake samples, so I just decided to skip lunch.

"So, what next?" Trevor asked as we were getting out of the elevator on our floor.

''Your father scheduled a meeting with you today. He said that it was a matter of pressing importance.'' I replied seriously.

"And what is that pressing matter?" He was still in a joking mood.

''I have no idea what it is.''

I pushed open the door to his office, walking inside with Trevor right behind me. His father was sitting on Trevor's chair, reading a file and simultaneously spinning a crystal paperweight.

''Hey dad. Mia told me you wanted to talk to us. What's up?''

We both took seats on the chairs in front of the large mahogany desk.

"One of our top investors wants out of the company. They are willing to pull out their funds. This could impact the willingness of other investors,'' he said, removing his glasses and leaning back in the chair.

"Yes. I recieved an email this morning. Something has been going on that led him to believe that the rapid growth in our charts has been an impact of fake inflation." It was me who replied this time.

''So, shouldn't we call a board meeting to discus these matters?'' Trevor asked.

''Yeah, we should. But first, I would like for both of you to take a look at all the financial accounts. See if there are any discrepancies.''