PROLOGUE

Mia Parkinson...

A beautiful, rich and talented girl. And she knows it. She is the girl who knows what she wants, and is not afraid to grab it. She has everything a girl could ever ask for; a loving family, great job, friendly (and hot) boss. A perfect life.

Everything is perfect until the day she comes face-to-face with her past in a supermarket. And then, her life becomes a series of whirlpools.

What happens when her past and present decide to collide against each other. One side, is her boyfriend who is equally rich, handsome and talented and loves her more than anything. On the other side, is her relationship from her past that left her vulnerable and heartbroken.

When the time comes, she will need to choose. Whom is she gonna choose?

Does she explore something new or else, gets Stuck At Default.

----------------------------

"Hey, why don't you ask Ashton to join us for dinner today? He didn't even come to the party." My mom suggested.

She was in the process of shifting my whole room down from the first floor. She entered my room, with two maids in tow. They kept the boxes down and started arranging my closet. My mom came towards me and sat beside me on my bed.

"I don't know mom. We haven't talked since the day I came home. I called him again yesterday, but he did not answer." I said, sullenly.

"Hey, don't worry baby. Maybe he is busy with something. He will definitely call you whenever he sorts everything out. Or maybe, he is planning a surprise for you." She put my head on her lap and started stroking my hair.

"Yeah. Whatever.''

I hadn't told them about the nightmare I had last night.

I don't know why, but I was getting a really bad feeling for Ashton. He never did that to me. Never avoided my calls before. Was he blaming me for the accident?

Never in the past two years had we ever gone without talking or seeing each other for so long. I knew something was wrong, very wrong.

It was Friday, and Blaine and Ava had just left. They had been here to drop off my homework and see how I was doing.

I was alone in the house for the first time since I was back.

I was reading a book when Stella knocked at my door.

"Miss, there's someone to meet you. Shall I send him in?" She asked me politely.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you." I kept my book aside, spine facing up.

A couple of minutes later, Ashton entered the room, he looked like he was not having a good day, or week. His hair was all messed up, and not in a sexy kind of way. He had bags under his eyes.

I was mad at him, but I couldn't help myself when he came and sat next to me. My face broke into a huge smile and I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He still smelled the same, like citrus and aftershave.

"Hey, I missed you so much. Why didn't you come visit me?" I was literally clinging to him.

He didn't answer me, neither did he hug me back. He gently took hold of my arms and pried me away from him.

"We need to talk, Mia."

"Yeah, about what?" I asked, confused.

"About us. I don't think we..." His voice broke.

"Think what?"

"I don't think we should see each other anymore. Its not working out. I can't do this anymore." My heart literally stopped.

My eyes instantly filled with tears. I don't know why he was saying what he was saying, but my heart broke, I could hear it crack.

"Wh-what? Why do you think its not working out? Everything is per-perfect." I could not stop my voice from shaking.

He had no reaction, whatsoever. His poker face was on. And my heart was breaking apart. He was breaking it apart.

"Nothing is perfect. Don't you see. Everything is messed up. I cannot handle this anymore. It's taking a toll on me. I cannot do this anymore." He was close to shouting.

"Why a-are you talking like this babe? No-nothing is messed up. We ca-can handle it, everything will be f-fine. We'll t-take of everything to-together." I was sobbing now.

"There is no together. Don't you get it. I don't wanna do this anymore. The accident, it was too much. I cannot do this. I want out of it. Don't you fucking get it." He shouted, and I flinched.

"Is this.....Is this about the ac-accident? Do you think it was my fault? Do you blame me for it?"

"Just shut up, Mia. Don't try to guilt trip me. You and me, we are done. I don't wanna see your face anymore. And do not try to call me up or text me." He said, rising from the bed.

I immediately rose up to stop him, but I forgot about the injury on my leg and put my whole weight upon it. I stumbled, and fell forward. But Ashton caught me.

"I said we are done. You throwing yourself at me won't work. So stop trying to hurt yourself." He pushed me back onto the bed and walked out of the room.

I was crying, sobbing like a child. I could not control it. My heart was breaking, cracking apart piece by piece. The boy upon whom I put all my faith, with whom I trusted my heart, broke it. And he didn't even flinch.

I do not know how long I sat there, crying, nursing the wounds on my broken heart.

He just tossed me out of his life.

Forever.

And I would never be whole again.

                   ***********************

I would be uploading the very first chapter soon. Please, do read it and leave your comments and feedbacks .

Good day to all.😊