Chapter 24. 🔞

Depuis le début

Taehyung resembled their mother a lot, everytime Yoongi looked at him, it was like staring at their mother's reflection, he was strikingly beautiful.

He knew that his love to his brother could only be compared with his love to his mother.

But even with Taehyung around, his mother didn't feel happy, it wasn't long before she was back to her habit of isolating herself in sorrow, especially at night when the kids were supposed to be sleeping.

And Yoongi was again living to the routine of sneaking from his bedroom to persuade his mother to sleep with him, whenever his father wasn't around.

Until one night when he walked to the piano room, his steps were halted when he heard his father's voice talking to his mother.
His father was home, and it seemed that they were arguing.

"You promised me to leave him alone!"

His mother's voice was resentful.
Yoongi rarely saw her mother's temper, most of the the time it was sadness on her face, but this time even he could feel the hatred in her voice.

"I promised you that Taehyung can live here in the mansion, that you can live in your own delusional world to think that he can live the normal and happy life as my son, but doesn't mean I will keep my silence knowing that you can go back to him and cheating on me again!"

His father's words were confusing to Yoongi, not something ordinary for an eight year old like him to grasp, but his next words made everything clear.

"I sent your damn lover away, so you can stop on wishing to reunite with him.
I won't kill him, as long as you stay with me, and behave like the good wife you are supposed to be.
I even will guarantee Taehyung's easy life in here.
Everything will depend on you, and how you will behave.
It was only out of my generosity that I can accept your bastard child, but don't take me for granted.
There are so much I could take from you, but I have my limit too."

He could hear her mother sobbed.
"Then, just let me go. This kind of life, it isn't for me. I can't even meet my own mother. It's..it's suffocating .."

"If you go, how about Yoongi?
He is my son, my heir.
There is no way I will let you to take him away from me."
His father's stern voice only worsened his mother's cry.

"I can't leave him. I can't...my baby.."

Yoongi wanted so bad to go inside and hug his mother.
He couldn't lose her...no, his world would crumble right then.

"Then stay. Stay with me, with us.
You can have both of them with you.
Everything I did were always for your own sake, for your safety.
You and Yoongi are my life. I would never hurt you, you should know that."

How did he suppose to take side?

He couldn't.
His father loved his mother in his own way, whatever excessive it was.

Yoongi was selfish too, he wouldn't want his mother to go, no matter how unhappy she was.
Now that Taehyung was in the picture, he couldn't let them go, it would kill him.

So from then on, Yoongi vowed to make sure his mother wouldn't be lonely.

When all of his friends were busy playing video games or hung around at school or cafe, he would accompany his mother instead, playing the piano with her, sat in the dining room during meals, or watching the endless drama on the TV until she fell asleep.