Chapter 52.

Yoongi had general knowledge about Namdaemun market, but he had never been in this area before, not even during his younger days

He was familiar with the one in Dongdaemun, but that was because he visited the mall, never really ventured to the part where its night market was located.

There were several different areas inside the traditional market, where they sold various items from clothing, houseware, souvenirs, ingredients and food.
The place was massive, and one could certainly get lost if was not familiar with the mazelike alleyway.
At night, only several parts of the building that were still open, mainly the street food area.

He glanced at you who walked beside him, weaving the way slowly among the throng of people leisurely walked checking different vendors.
Observing your tired eyes, the sunken cheeks and how your breathing was slightly rugged, he wasn't really sure if the food were safe and clean enough for you to eat, especially in your current condition.
But you were so adamant of wanting the particular food, and he had at least to be grateful, you still had your appetite.
And being outside the house seemed to brighten your mood a little.

He wrapped his arm around your waist while walking through the long lane where row of stalls selling various of street food crammed along the street side and alleyway, several vendors shouted out to attract more people to their stands.

The strong aroma of spices, vinegar and seasoning were thick in the air, combined with the faint smell of rubbish and probably stale food.
The steam coming from the giant pot of hot food from stalls that sold tteokbokki were like fog evaporated in the cold air, certainly looked inviting for people passing by, especially in the freezing weather.
But the view of edibles that left in the open air were not really appetizing for him.
It was far from hygienic, and certainly a good breeding ground for stomach bug, he grimaced.

He tightened his hand on your waist, worried that you might trip if let to walk by yourself.
You insisted to show the way, said that there was a specific stall which you frequented before.

After several turn through different alleyway, both of you entered part of the market that was a bit darker and gloom, with lesser people walking by, until finally you stopped in front of a stand where a man in his thirties was flipping pancakes on a sizzling pan in front of it.

"Which one do you want?"
He asked you while inwardly cringed over the view of food that were sold uncovered for god knew how long.

"May ... may I have the one with brown sugar?"

The man halted from his doing but he didn't answer, instead, taking a brown paper bag and picked up a piece of pancake with his hand to put it inside the bag.

"Can you make a fresh batch instead? Additional charge is fine."
He stopped the guy with a wave.

Furrowing his brows, the guy pointed to the stack that were ready to eat, looking at him perplexed.