ten.

{Your time will come if you wait for it...}

*

-No...-a single tear escapes Liam's eye.-...please, I'm here now, please, it's not your fault, Zayn.-his head above Zayn's temple, rubbing the boy's nape with his hand.

We all have felt that impotence in your heart sometime. That thing in the stomach in which you want to throw up. You want to punch someone due to the anger in your chest.

You can tell when someone is sad; you can tell when someone is happy, angry or ill. Liam knew it from the beginning; he knew it and he did nothing, hell. He hated himself, he was so disappointed in himself at that moment that he felt the famous lump in the throat when you just want to shout, and cry out loud, and let your feelings out for someone to hear you, but he couldn't do anything now and he swore to god he would do everything, absolutely everything that were on his hands to protect this boy from the suffering again.

-I tried Liam, I really did.-the hiccups were present and Mr. Payne couldn't contain the boy quiet anymore.-I am so useless.

The eyes of Liam flew open, instantly separating himself from the boy to look him in the eyes. Those honey gems were so broken. The pale cheeks all wet from the tears.

-Never. Say. That. Again.-they were simple words with a strong meaning.-It's not your fault, you have to understand, you must know it. -Zayn was shaking, he couldn't talk, he couldn't even move, he just wanted to hide himself from the world forever. He felt so dirty and used and vulnerable.

-Oh Liam! There you... -the voice of Mr. Thomson is heard and Liam turns around quickly to see the Spanish teacher. The man with brown hair is standing in the door with a frown.-anything wrong?

-Nicholas, thank you god, I need your help.-Liam says between quickly exhales and he put his hand on the shoulder of the frozen and scared boy.

-What's wrong? -the professor says as he gets closer. He smiles thinking there it's not a problem... or not a big one. And then, he sees Zayn... shaking with tears in his eyes, white lips. And his smile slowly fades.-Hey, why are you crying? -he tries to touch the boy's shoulder and for his surprise, the boy who he knows as a rebel one, flinches. Mr. Thompson is wide-eyed due to the sudden movement of the lad in front of him. Zayn's body colliding against Liam chest in a matter of seconds, trying to hide his face between the arms of the brown-haired man, just like a little shy kid when someone talks to him in front of his mother. Desperately for arms of comfort and care, trying to cuddle like a new-born kitten.

And finally, the professor of Spanish glances at Liam with doubt all over his face.

-Liam you are crying too, what...?

-Please, ask Mr. Higgins to come, it's an urgency, please.-and the last thing the man does is nod. He goes out from the classroom almost running and tripping over.

Liam just waits there, embracing Zayn as he rubs circles in his back with a hand and the other in his nape.

-What happened Pay...?-the director enters in the room with velocity as he talks with worry, stopping in the middle of Liam's name when he identifies the boy in black with his teacher. He is in front of Liam now, looking directly at him.-Liam... what happened?-the worry is transformed in fear from a second to another.

The only thing Liam can do is shake his head side to side.

-I must talk to you now.-Mr. Payne says and he separates from the skinny boy.

-Don't leave me too...-Zayn's small voice whispers as Liam stands up.-n-no.-he chokes on new tears again.-ple-please, I'm sorry! -everyone in the room is shocked but not Liam. Liam's soul is being tortured as he maintains his weight on his legs from being in a strange position.