six.

{My life gets kind of boring, need something that I can confess.}

*

Message from "unknown number"

I'm scared...

Liam furrowed his brows as he reads the text he got from an unknown number.

From Liam:

Think you got the number wrong?

He taps the screen with his fingertips and in less on three minutes his phone is vibrating again.

Message from "unknown number"

Liam...

And his head was a mess already because, who would send him a message at eleven at night?

From Liam:

Who r u?

And the number never answers again.

Liam went to bed with confusion and doubt. Thinking in all the people he had seen in that Saturday, but no one came to his mind. He hadn't given his number to anybody. And then he found himself thinking about the text. What if the person was really scared? What if the person needed help?

But he fell asleep with the sound of the rain.

*

7:02 AM.

From "unknown number"

Help.

From Liam

Who the hell r u?

From "unknown number"

Hind St. and Stallabrass St.

From Liam

I'm being serious.

Liam started to get angry not getting an answer so he called.

It was silence; Liam could hear some air against the microphone at the other side of the line, it gives him goose bumps and he didn't even know why.

-Hello? - Liam mutters almost under his breath but not even a sound is made on the line. He only hears the drops against his window.

-Li-Liam.-and that fear. Oh, that feeling that goes into Liam's veins in a second and makes his heart stops for seconds, leaving him without oxygen.

-Who are you?-and the line goes dead.

Liam could felt his pulse going crazy, the hair in his arms electrifying, and before he knew, he is getting up from his bed, getting change and taking his car's keys.

The last message didn't make any sense till now, it was an address and Liam knew exactly where it was. He also knew that he was possibly in danger going to the place. He knew about the calls jokes; he knew about the kidnaps, about everything going on in real life every day, he was an adult. He had twenty-seven years old of experience and working at a school was helping with this. Stories from teens that were told to him every day and all day, real ones. He couldn't help but think about all the bad people in the world, how there were people who do horrible things; taking advantage of a teen... it makes Liam fell disappointed with the world.

The car stopped in a street illuminated by lampposts. It was a large street, the houses didn't change, cars barely moving along it.

Liam stopped aside; he took a deep breath and got out from the auto. He looks around, the sun should start to rise on the horizon at this time, but it was winter and in was raining. The lawns in the pathway covered by frost and dew. He walks with hands in pockets, slowly breathing among the sweet fragrance of his scarf. And suddenly Liam sees him. A boy lying in the ground, next to a red car parked before a huge house. But he paralyses. He hopes he is wrong. He really hopes so. He can't see clearly with the rain falling on him but then he stops on his tracks.