five.

{Till all my sleeves are stained red from all the truth that I've said}

-Please no, I am okay…-a laugh.

-Malik.-

-Please.-another one.

-You can’t be like that here.-the school’s director talks with worry.

-I’m okay.-Zayn stands up in front of the desk holding his breath, his abdomen hurts like hell, but he won’t allow the school to call his parents, minus when in his house is only his father.

His body was wrapped in bandages, he didn’t know how or when, he just woke up and there was a woman gently touching his face, patting his cheek. The pain under his ribs was uncontrollably.

And now he there was before a man who was telling him that he had to call someone to pick him up because he wasn’t in conditions to stay at school.

-You are not.-Zayn laughs. He doesn’t know why but he does. It was odd in reality, he was feeling strange, like if he was sleepy and light. He would swear he could fly if he jumps from a bridge. He was dizzy.

-There is nobody at ho-home.-and the laughs again. The older man stands up and approaches to him. Zayn feels hands in his shoulders and he is forced to sit down in the chair again. He was moving like a jelly, he couldn’t control himself, he couldn’t think straight. It was like he was drugged or drunk.

And then, the door is open, revealing Liam behind it.

-Is he okay? –Mr. Payne asks seeing the other man holding Zayn by the shoulders trying to keep him quiet.

-Who let this boy go away from the nurses? –Mr. Higgins talks.

-To be honest, I don’t even know how he is here.-Liam shakes his head slowly as going near them.

-I going to go ask to the nurses, please could you watch him for a little while? I’ll be right back, thank you.-and even if Liam wanted to differ he couldn’t, he already was alone in the room with his student… again. Still with his mouth opened to say something looking at the door. He was like that for a long time, not really paying attention to anything in the room, not very professional if you think about.

-Oh, look! It’s very beautiful.-the soft voice made Liam turn around very quickly to see a boy kneeled on the window, trying to catch a butterfly.  And the window was open. And they were in a third floor. And Zayn was laughing. And Liam reacted just in time.

Stupid butterfly.

-Malik!-the professor straighten his grip in the boy’s skinny arm. Zayn turns around to face Liam, and Liam freezes when he observes him. Zayn’s eyes sparkling like never before, the glassy hazel colour reflecting everything around them, the pupils dilated and raised eyebrows. Pale and half-closed lips, a bruise decorating his jaw.

Liam couldn’t talk. He had never had seen that face before. Zayn was completely vulnerable right now and he knew it was for the anaesthesia. The innocence showing entirely all over his face, his childish personality spilling everywhere.

-What? –Zayn asks with a tiny voice.-Mr. Payne, what? You made me lose the…

-Shut up.-Liam says with a strong voice. –Shut up right now and come here.-he knows he is being a bit rude, but he didn’t like Zayn acting like this, he didn’t want to enter in his world, he didn’t want anything to do with this boy and the lad isn’t helping much. He hadn’t any child because he didn’t like them, he wasn’t the kind of person who actually is good at getting on well with everyone and less kids. He was a teacher because the pay him for teach something which for the students was nothing.