005 -Sincerely Me-

(A/n I don't own the fanart above.
Also it matched this chapter so here :D
Credit - caterwealth on insta. I found it on Instagram)

-Zoe's POV-

I got to leave with just a detention, and Evan got to leave after about a 2 hour conversation with my parents, which probably freaked him out. When we were free to go, we were able to go home, I was, I think he was just able to come. (A/n I- I don't know.) I made him take the long way so I could talk to him.

"What the hell?!" "Zo-" "What the fuck are you doing?!" "Zoe let me talk!" We stopped walking, I looked at him and I crossed my arms. The hallway was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"This is for you. This is for Connor!" He said rubbing the back of his neck. "You don't even know anything about Connor! And now you're supposed to pretend that you've been his best friend for 2 years? 2 years is a long time in case you forgot!" "I didn't f-forget! It's to save Connor, and it can help!"

I looked at him. "Why....you know the shit he's done to me. He has torn our family apart, my dad is right....maybe we should've let him go..." I mumbled, looking down at the floor.

He bit his lip, which usually meant he was thinking. "You can't give up on him so easily..." "HE WOULD GIVE UP ON ME!!" I yelled, making him flinch, making me instantly regret it and apologize.

"S-sorry..." he squeaked out a, 'it's fine' and looked down at the ground.

"Your parents want emails."

"What?"

"They want proof we were friends."

"Shit."

Shit was right. Jesus this is going to go so wrong. "Should I...explain..?" He asked fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. "...no.." "What?" "I said no." I looked at him. "The idea could work, Evan."

"You just sai-" "I know what I said. But...it could...please..." if I was being honest, I didn't know what the hell I was doing, what the hell he was doing, but, if Connor woke up, and found out that I had saved him (with Evan's help of course) I might be able to patch things up with him. With my brother. And have the Connor I knew back. The one that would braid my hair, would paint my nails, would talk about boys with m- wait is Connor gay?

"...e.."

Didn't he have a friend?

"...oe.."

Miguel right? He said that they got married, ya know how little kids would do that?

"...Zoe..!"

Oh shit there was definitely something between the-

"ZOE!"

I snap my head back up from staring at the floor. "We are doing the Connor Project." "And t-the emails?" I thought for a second. "We can make them! We need someone who can fake them, like a hacker, or something."

-Evan's POV-

I knew someone. A very special someone. Someone that made me blush when I thought about him. Zoe doesn't exactly like him, though. This was going to take some persuading. "Um...I know someone..."

There was a pause. She became suspicious. She squinted her eyes, and gave me 'the look'.

"Who did you have in mind..." "Don't laugh." there was another pause. "He's a bit of a jerk, but he can help." Zoe blinked "What..." she dragged the 'a' for a few seconds. "Look it might be nice, to have him make the emails. He's really good at it! And...I-I'm surprised you got it so fast." "I knew who he was at 'jerk' ..it's-"