023 -Dedicating Everyday to You-

Shoutout to @TheCronchIsReal for liking my writing style I would say thank you but something weird happened with my email and I can't respond to comments and shit. So this is my thank you *insert awkward bisexual finger guns* :>

Anyway, this part takes place over the 4 years Skye is growing up. (They started collage at 19, so the timeline isn't too confusing)

~One Week Later~

-Evan's POV-

I visited Dr. Sherman during the few hours I had free time. I sat down on the familiar soft cushions, well, not exactly sitting more like collapsing but you get the idea.

I groaned and Dr. Sherman looked at me with a concerned stare. "Are you alright, Evan?" She asked, shifting in her seat with the clipboard in hand. (A/n trans Dr. Sherman. fight me. Plz don't do that I have weak nerd arms.)

"No." She pursed her lips together, tapping the pen on the corner of the clipboard, staring at ground next to me, thinking. She took a breath, and looked back at me.

"Evan, you could experience overburn. You're stressed out and it's surprising you haven't broken out in hives or anything like that." She gestured in the air as she talked and I scratched my arm, forgetting my cast wasn't there anymore.

It's been a few years and I only had that thing for a few months and yet it's still a habit. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize I had broken the skin on my arm and there was blood wedged under my fingernails.

Her voice brought me back to reality. "Evan!" She had raised her voice enough to make me snap my head up and heat everything. I looked down, shit. She got up and brought me a paper towel to keep there until the session was over.

I sat there, curled up on the chair, embarrassed. "Hey...it happens, it's alright." She said in a reassuring voice that calmed me down a bit. We talked for a half hour before I realized I needed to take Skye to a doctors appointment in 20 minutes.

"Your daughter, she's 2, right?" I nodded. "I want you to brainstorm, think of all the emotions you'll feel raising her. It's a simple idea, you don't have to do it but it was just a thought."

You don't need to write it down, or even share it with me. Only if you want to." We talked for another few minutes, I thanked her, and left.

~Time Skip~

-No one's POV-

After leaving Dr. Sherman's office, he picked up Skye from home and took her to the doctor's office. He gave her a heart monitor to wear around her wrist and keep track of her heart rate.

It was hell of a lot of work, but it was all worth it to see her smile. He brought her home and rocked her gently in his arms.

I'm dedicating everyday to you...

She reached up and touched his face gently. She beamed and giggled happily.

When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart...and I thought I was so smart.

The sun rose and sank 365 times, the days bled into each other and the first year of adopting Skye had come. Evan had taught her how to speak and read.