25. Reversal

The next day, Dipper could barely focus. His mind constantly holding the thought of the memory gun.

Throughout all his classes, he couldn't push the thought of what was to happen when he got home.

Even during lunch he couldn't do more than poke at his salad with his fork.

"Pinetree?" Bill said, trying to break the trance Dipper was seemingly in. Dipper didn't seem to notice him.

Bill leaned next to Dipper, putting his lips right at Dipper's ear.

"Piiiiinetreee~" Bill purred into his ear, making Dipper jump.

Bill laughed.

"I've been trying to get your attention for five minutes." Bill said. Dipper mouthed the word, sorry. Before looking back down at his lunch, moving his fork from poking his salad to now poke his orange.

Bill took note of how Dipper hadn't signed, but mouthed the word. He had been doing that a lot more lately, though Bill wasn't sure why. He had expressed how much he didn't want to speak again, and Bill supported his decision, so why was he suddenly mouthing along to his signs, or just completely abandoning signing altogether in some cases?

Bill didn't want to push Dipper, he had enough on his mind at the moment, Bill didn't want to add to anything.

So he chose to do the only thing he could do. Everything he possibly could to help and support Dipper.

"I know you have a lot on your mind Pinetree, but if you don't focus on what's in front of you, you'll be stuck in all those what ifs." Bill said. Dipper looked at Bill confused, mouthing, What?

"What I mean is, stop worrying about the past and future. Just focus on the here and now." Bill said, "For instance, If you don't eat your lunch now, you'll be cranky when your stomach starts to growl in sixth period and you can't get food."

Dipper just nodded and began to eat his lunch slowly. When Dipper went to grab his orange, Bill plucked it off his tray and began peeling it for him.

He stole one slice before giving it back to the smaller boy. Dipper frowned.

That was my orange slice. Dipper signed/mouthed.

"Its my fee for peeling it." Bill said.

I didn't ask you to peel it. Dipper signed, again mouthing, before crossing his arms.

"Fine, I owe you. I'll buy coffee tonight." Bill said. Dipper smiled slightly and nodded, mouthing, Deal.

Once lunch was over the two of them walked to class, Dipper's head considerably clearer than it had been before lunch has started.

>>>>>>>>>>
OwO Bill is sweet boyo
Oh yeah...time skip
<<<<<<<<<<<

After school, Dipper practically sprinted out of the class, only to be stopped by Gideon.

"I'm not letting you get out of another lab clean up. You made a mess today, so you have to help me clean today for once." He said. Dipper rolled his eyes.

I have to go. I have important places to be. Dipper signed, frustrated.

"You think I don't? Just cause you want to go suck face with that yellow obsessed freak doesn't mean you automatically get to get out of helping. Especially considering how messy you were today. Were you even paying attention at all!?" Gideon said. Dipper got more and more frustrated with each sentence Gideon spat out.