19. Quieted

The outfit Mabel picked was simple. Just a simple button up navy blue shirt and black pants.

She told Dipper Bill would be dressed similarly, he figured it would be yellow. Bill loves yellow. He says it's the most happy positive color. He was always a positive person, something Dipper was jealous of. Dipper hoped maybe now that he was away from his father, maybe he could be that happy. But he knew that until Mabel's memories came back, he would never be as happy as Bill appeared to be.

"You look great. Here, let me help me brush back your hair." Mabel said. Dipper shook his head.

Hair stays down. I don't like showing off Birthmark. Dipper said. Then he realized she likely didn't remember the mark.

"Dip, your  birthmark is cool though. And I'm sure Bill won't judge you." She said.

He's already seen it. I just don't like showing it off...also, I don't remember telling you about my mark... Dipper signed.

"I'm...I'm sure I saw it in a picture or something." Mabel said dismissively.

"At least let brush it a bit." Mabel said.

Dipper sighed, but didn't object.

When she was finally done she pulled Dipper downstairs.

Bill was waiting in the livingroom for Dipper. Dipper's mom doing last minute fixes on him. When he heard Dipper walking down the stairs he turned and smiled.

"Hey Pine Tree. Don't you clean up nice." Bill said. Dipper thought of signing something sarcastic but instead just opted for a quick,
you too.

Bill took his hand. Dipper's mom took about a hundred pictures on her phone.

Mom. Dipper signed in protest.

"Fine. Just one more. At least smile once Mason." She said. He rolled his eyes, but gave a half smile as she took the last picture.

"Come on, we got to go. We'll be late for the movie." Bill said, "Oops. Date spolier. Oh well. You don't know about the other thing after the movie."

Dipper did his equivalent to a laugh.

What movie?

"You'll see." Bill said, "Mabel picked it actually. I wanted to see the new Spider-Man movie."

"This one is sad. Sad movies are good for dates." Mabel protested, "Or is that scary movies?"

Dipper just rolled his eyes again and the two boys walked out to Bill's truck.

Once they got to it, Dipper took over his job of being DJ, turning on Unsteady by X Ambassadors.

Bill had almost gotten lost getting to the theater, but he eventual finds it and they arrive just as the movie is starting.

<[<[<[<[<[<[<[
Temmie Skip
>]>]>]>]>]>]>]
Someone pointed out I haven't done this one yet. I'm not a Undertale superfan but I did like it so here's the reference.

The movie was sad. Dipper had almost wished they had gone to the new Spider-Man movie instead.

The plot was about a girl who grew up alone. And even when she finally finds friends, her closest friend drifts apart she is forced to bottle up her emotions because she thinks no one would listen. Then, eventually she takes her own life, feeling like no one cared enough to hear her problems. (Plot of a super sad fanfic I read a long time ago. If I find it I'll link it but I think it was deleted)

After the movie they walked out to the car.

So, what kind of surprise do you have planned?

"Its not a surprise if I tell you." Bill said, finishing off the icee he bought during the movie.

Once they got back to Bill's car, Dipper stole the phone once again and played Sunday Morning by Maroon 5.

"You know, I actually know this one on piano." Bill admitted.

You can play piano?

"I never told you? Huh, swear I did. Oh well. Yeah, I've been playing since middle school." Bill said.

I tried piano once but I just slammed my hands on the keys. Dipper admitted.

Bill laughed.

"Sounds about right." Bill said, "You don't really seem patient enough to learn piano."

Ouch.

"I didn't mean that to be an insult. I just don't see you playing piano. Honestly before I found out you were mute I pegged you for a choir kid." Bill said.

Dipper just shrugged and they drove, listening to the music quietly.

*>*>*>
Mini Temmie Skip
*<*<*<

Dipper was a bit confused when they pulled back into the Shack's parking lot.

He was going to protest but Bill parked and pulled Dipper out of the car. Leading them away from the shack into the woods.

"I guess maybe I shouldn't have just dragged you into the woods no explanation." Bill said as they walked.

Yeah. Dipper signed nervously. He didn't like the woods as much as he used to. Especially at dusk.

"I figured...maybe we could have a picnic out here..." Bill said. They came into a clearing and Dipper froze.

And it wasn't because of the cute picnic Bill had set up for them.

This was the place they had found Mabel unconscious. Before they found out about her memory.

Bill noticed Dipper's pale face.

"If you don't want to do it out here we can have it on the shack roof. Mabel showed me a place..." Bill said, but he realized that wasn't the problem.

"Pine Tree...what is it?" Bill asked.

Dipper felt nauseous. His head began to spin. Memories from that day rushing back to him.

His grief.

His guilt.

The world spun around him.

He gripped the tree next to him and retched, all the contents of his stomach, mostly popcorn, came back up.

"Dipper!" Bill said, he ran to his side.

Dipper tried to sign but found he couldn't bring his hands up to sign, the world still spun around him and his vision blacked out.

)))))))
Short chapter but I've been busy lately.

New chapter hopefully soon.

Sorry for the wait. I'm finishing this one before I work on my other ones.

Working 60 hours a week so I'm not able to put a lot of time into writing but I have days off coming up soon.