20. Awakened

Dipper awoke in his bed. His head foggy, vision blurred, and on top of that, he had no recollection of what had happened.

He tried to sit up but he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Woah there Pine Tree, take it slow." A voice said. Dipper instantly recognized the voice as Bill. His vision cleared and he saw he was in his and Bill's room, Bill sitting on the bed next to him, his mom sitting in a chair on the other side of him.

What happened? Dipper signed, continuing to sit up despite Bill's advice.

"We went on our date and you blacked out," Bill said. Dipper rolled his eyes.

I know that. I mean, how did I black out? Dipper asked.

"We were going to have a picnic in the woods," Bill said. He glanced at Dipper's mom.

"I guess the place where we going to have the picnic was where Mabel was found...you went really pale, then puked and passed out," Bill said.

"Kind of hard to explain, but basically it was stress and a bit of PTSD," Ford said. Dipper looked over and noticed he was standing the doorway. Mabel was standing behind him.

"I'm sorry Pine Tree. I didn't mean to stir up bad memories." Bill said. Dipper placed a hand on Bill's.

Not your fault. You didn't know. He signed. Bill smiled slightly.

Dipper turned to Ford.

Is this going to happen again? Should I be worried? He asked. Ford shook his head.

"It shouldn't. I think it was mostly the shock of seeing the location again. You should be fine." Ford said. Dipper nodded.

"I do have some good news in all of this though," Ford said.

Dipper signed, question mark? Which was his equivalent to 'huh?'.

"I have the blueprints for the memory gun, " Ford said, holding up the rolled-up blueprint for a moment.

Good. Can I help you rebuild it? Dipper asked, but Ford shook his head.

"No, it needs to be exactly right. Not that I don't trust you, I just need to make sure nothing goes wrong." Ford said. Dipper nodded understandingly.

How long will it take? Dipper asked.

"It might take a while to get the specific parts. A week at least. I do have a lot, but there are some things I may have to go a find." Ford said.

Go where?

"Portland probably," Ford said, "I hate the bigger cities but I have no way to get these parts here."

Dipper just nodded.

"So, not to change the subject, but you and Bill are starting school tomorrow." Dipper's mom said. Dipper sighed.

Do I have to? Dipper asked. Dipper's mom laughed lightly.

"Sorry sweety, but you need to graduate. Bill has your schedules." She said.

Dipper turned to Bill.

"We have all our classes together. Except for the last one." Bill said.

I thought they said we could have the same exact schedule. Dipper said.

"I have to take PE. I need the credit to graduate. But other than that, our classes are all the same. Your last class is different than mine." Bill said.

Which class? Dipper asked.

"Anatomy," Bill said. Dipper nodded. Bill hadn't really wanted to take Anatomy, so it made sense that they didn't make him take it.