37 | Tradition of Familiar Calling

Today is the start of the famous Familiar Calling, the most awaited tradition and one of the things that Forsaken Expanse is proud of; where all Freshmen will cluster at the top-ranking academy, which also serves to unite the academies into one, as well as the kingdoms and its people.

Students from different schools: Silverleaf Academia de Majica, Summit Academy, Einstein Institute of Wizardry, Clanine Academy of Witchcrafts and so the other school on Forsaken Expanse, are free to wander around since the academy didn't only prepare for the Freshmen, but also everyone, including its people.

And right now, they could be distinguished by the uniforms and outfit they are wearing, and in this is a one-week festival, the gate is open and everyone's welcome to enter the academy. Aside from Familiar Calling Tradition for Freshmen, there is always a game awaits for Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors called the Battle of Familiars.

The schedule was announced on us, that in a week festival, the first three days will be on higher years' battle, one of the most awaited fight since top-ranking students will pose their abilities and fight with other schools, and the remaining four days will be on us since they said, the number of people attending the academy keeps increasing.

I am also looking forward to this one since they said that the Special Section will fight. Our top-ranking students. The players were chosen carefully and from what I've heard, there are some Strongest that will participate together with Specials.

And another thing, it's the Special Section that won last year's Intramurals, which serves as their base of choosing their people to fight in the Battle of Familiars.

Gathering at the gymnasium that looks like our arena, most of the students chose to stroll around because even the outside of the academy has many booths so people could enjoy to their heart's content.

And for sure, some students just wanted to roam to look for the proper prospect, those who will pass their standards for their future jowas. This seems to be an Intramurals where people are looking for handsome players and put them on their crush list.

“I'm looking forward to the Battle of Familiars since I've heard that our Seniors are hot as hell!” Shinoa giggles after saying it. I frowned at her while Phoebe just chuckled, yet a smirk appeared from my lips because I'm looking forward to our Seniors' abilities.

Sa gitna ng napakaingay na dagat ng mga tao, ay nagtama ang tingin namin ni Samara na ngumiti sa akin ng pagkatamis-tamis, ngunit ang mga mata ay nagsusumigaw ng inis na hindi ko alam kung para saan. Ang mga kasama nito ay mariin ang tingin sa akin, nag-uusap kahit hindi ko marinig sa layo ng kanilang pwesto.

“Those people just wouldn't stop,” Mika commented after rolling her eyes. That's when I realized that she could hear them from her Vampire hearing, which is stronger than ours.

Napailing na lamang ako. “Don't mind them. It's starting,” ani ko. Kasabay noon ay ang pag-akyat ni Chairman sa gitna, ang taong tinitingala rito sa aming lugar. Sa gilid nito ay si Tito Xander na pormal na pormal din ang suot at pati ang ekspresyon ng mukha.

The MC cheered. “Everyone, let's applause the Chairman and the Principal of Lockéhart Academy!” And was followed by applaud.

Chairman is the first one to speak.

“I know you are all wondering why we still proceed into this tradition regardless of what's happening in our empire. Our nemesis is trying to expand their land and their choices of land are ours. And every year, this tradition unites people within the Forsaken Expanse. We want you to be strong and your familiar would help you to fight your battles as your companion. This tradition is how we welcome you, Freshmen, in the world full of familiars.” Countless claps could be heard after his speech was done, just as Chairman gave the mic to the Principal, asking him to continue.