42 | The Battle of Familiars (II)

Calm as the wind, but as powerful as the raging storm that will destroy everything on its path. Everyone was silent, eyes locked to the man who's walking gracefully towards the middle, hands on the pocket of his pants, where everyone is anticipating what he's about to do.

I know that those students who don't study here know about him being the strongest based on speculations and rumors alone, but no one had experienced seeing his powers for real.

And that curiosity is one of the reasons why they're watching this fight.

“Princess, Nixon trained you, right?”

My attention was turned to Dexie who spoke, that when my gaze found her, she's looking at me in curiosity mixed with amazement for something I don't understand.

I only nodded my head.

Her mouth gapes for a shock even though in her eyes, she was expecting it. Later on, she giggles until it eventually turned into a silent chuckle.

“I've only heard it in rumors, but having it confirmed first hand, I just couldn't believe it. Nixon was known to be aloof at people since it's reasonable. He's strong, and those inferior to him shouldn't be in the same place at him. . .” She quickly looked at me with panic after realizing something. Cheeks pale, hands are waving with eyes as wide as a stone, as she speaks. “No, I'm not saying that you're inferior to him—”

“I'm not thinking like that.” Pagpuputol ko sa kanyang sinabi.

“Oh. . .” Natigilan ito, bago unti-unting kumalma.

Hindi ko maiwasang mapatawa ng mahina, at dahil doon ay mahinang napatawa rin ang aming mga kasama.

“I'm sorry, I was just. . .” You're scared. She shook her head.

“It just hard to believe that our Nixon, the strongest, is doing something he hasn't done in the past. It was shocking. I still couldn't believe but. . .” She looks at Yuri who's smiling at her, and she nodded her head before looking at me. “It feels like he's slowly demolishing the tall walls he built for himself.”

And she looks at me as if I'm the reason for that.

My cheeks flushed as I averted my eyes from them, “Good for him.” yet my eyes stopped at him in the middle of the arena.

“You've seen his terrifying familiar, right?” Mika suddenly asked which I looked at her with confusion.

Terrifying? More like, absolutely impossible.

She laughed at my expression. “That exactly was my expression when I first learned it. Who would believe, right?”

A smirk appeared on my lips after Mika said it. She's right.

“Then, you must see his body.” Shinoa suddenly teased, which made me look at her with brows furrows.

“I've seen his familiar. What's its connection to his body?”

Natawa ito. “I was told that his birthmark occupied his whole back.” And who told her that?

I poured my lips and looked at the fight again. “I don't know about that.” I was never curious about it though.

Now, Kaellus has a fire that suddenly ignited, yet it was only at the size of his palm, yet the power coming from it is so strong that whispers started to emerge from people around us.

Xavier stood up from his seat and lifted his through the air, a dark red Phoenix appeared. Unlike a real Phoenix made of flames, his familiar is made of mixed dark red lightning and mists. From this view, his eyes glowed in crimson and violet mixed in his iris, showing how dangerous he is right now.