01 | Introduction

The deafening silence occupied my surroundings, where children long-dead hummed through this spacious, pitch-black hallway made from stones specifically colored the same as darkness, with only the wall lamps giving luminance to this place.

It isn't new to me. The gothic themed castle I grew up with, that I've always seen in fairytales and movies as the home for villainous and wicked creatures, has been my haven until my nineteenth years of age.

As I made my way towards the room where we are assigned to eat; that if I were to choose, I would skip this meal and prefer to stay in my room instead.

Holding with both of my hands the fabric of my Deep Red Velvet Sabrina Gown with the length that reached the floor, and its labyrinthine gold designs occupying the upper part of my dress, giving off a concept of imperialism. Intricate gold linings are glimmering on the side of this red velvet gown I'm wearing every time the light is touching it, as to my ankle strap heels creating a slight clicking through the floor I'm walking, echoing the sounds from tiny metal looped that slightly raised on my waist and was knotted over my abdomen.

Huminto ako sa paglalakad at huminga nang malalim mula sa pakiramdam na parang napipigil ang aking paghinga sa aking corset na suot, ibinaba ang pagkaka-hawak sa tela na dahilan upang hindi ko maapakan habang naglalakad, at ang pakiramdam na sakit na nagmumula sa aking paa mula sa sandals na aking suot ay walang-wala sa kabang aking nararamdaman sa ngayon.

It's been a familiar feeling that slowly crawling its way to engulf my whole being, every time I'm in this scenario.

Hindi na ako nasanay.

Huminga ako nang malalim muli upang pakalmahin ang sarili, bago tumayo nang deretso at pilit pinapalakas ang aking sarili.

Lifting my feet to start my battle with this suffocating place again, when a mocking voice rang on my ears, stopping me mid tracks from the actions I am about to do.

"Here's the broken bitch," followed by an insulting laugh, and even though I wasn't looking at them, I know that those words were directly for me.

"Stop it, that's rude," said a sweet voice that is so familiar to me, and even though I wasn't looking at her, I already know that it's her, Galeisha Minerva Caliope, my second cousin from von Sy'yski, who is capable of being the First Princess of this empire we are ruling.

First Princess, which is known as the Crown Princess, is the highest rank of Princesses who could have a title once she marries someone whoever she wanted, which the Demon Lord will bestow them one of our lands here in Drazzehuss. That's always been our rule in this empire which is actually sickening for me.

No, it isn't only in this empire, but in this world, we are living.

Their greediness over power and authority that they will everything to get it.

Laughs of humiliation echoed in this sullen and ominous atmosphere, with their whispers intentionally made me hear, as I may not able to properly control my abilities, but my senses are high enough as I am born as the creature who overpowered this world, just like the heavenly beings.

Demon.

"You really are so kind, Princess Galeisha. I hope she is too," one of her personal maids said, followed by Galeisha's voice.

"It's nice to see you, First Princess in making." A soft and sweet tone from the woman who always compared to me, echoed in my ear as I already know what she's planning to be.

Napapikit ako nang mariin dahil wala akong nagawa kung hindi ang harapin ang mga ito kahit hindi ko gusto dahil masasabihan akong bastos, at kailangang pakisamahan ang mga ito tulad ng kanilang ginagawa sa akin.