35 | Nemesis Plan

We jumped from the gigantic tree that wasn't that tall when I decided to reside on it. Kaellus is holding my hand tightly, my hair is messy and dancing while we're falling, as the tree at our back slowly disappears with those shining pieces floating above until it became part of the horizon that was blown by the wind.

We landed safe, all thanks to Kaellus flames that reside on our feet, which I quickly turned to my back to watch how the tree will fully disappear and to know if we succeed in freeing the woman within it.

The fire remained rummaging, destroying everything it touches until everything shone bright that it hurts my eyes. I covered my face with my arms and squinted my eyes, wanting to see the reason why.

And from the tree within its body, a beautiful maiden rose from the remaining ashes of the tree.

Barefoot, she walked past through the remaining part of the tree that glows brightly until it disappears, the lower part of her white dress is dancing by the wind, the same as her ash brown hair that glows dazzlingly under the bright light. Her golden headdress and those gold lining marked on her skin confirmed the race of the woman who seemed clueless to the world she is.

Eyes akin to gold, she gazes at us with fear. Her face shows a terrified expression as she starts trembling. It was followed by the thunder roaring in the sky and the small rain started plummeting from the clouds that formed from the product of intense heat that Kaellus created earlier.

A loud growl boomed in the dark surrounding, and the tension could be felt from teams who wouldn't hesitate to bare their fangs to the little prey who's now trembling at the sight of an angry face.

However, she didn't let her fear win, as she slowly kneels— the kneel that we, royalty do to show respect to people who are higher than us, and that confirmed that this Angel isn't just a normal kind, but a royal one.

“I am grateful for your actions, Your Highnesses, for freeing me from the curse that caged me for decades. To show my loyalty, I'm willing to speak—”

Another loud growl from a hungry wolf eyeing its prey, which made me turned my attention back at it and my eyes widened when the familiar wolf with icy blue fur came running towards the woman.

And I didn't hesitate to run towards the angel and ready to protect her by casting a shield even it means betraying our Union.

However, it didn't happen.

Because Kaellus stopped the raging wolf by only his brute strength!

“Calm the fucking down, dog!” Kaellus shouted with authority that everyone felt the underlying order through his voice.

The wolf flinched but that isn't enough to stop him from attacking the woman since his anger already conquered his reasoning.

“Don't fucking get in my way, monster! That fucking race is the one that attacked my realm! You don't know how many casualties, those blood of innocent people drenched on the snow and those children that had their dreams taken because of them!” He spat so angrily as he struggled, even though the students started creating a barrier to cage the raging wolf.

“Fucking let me go—!” His eyes stopped at me as if he only saw me, that the familiarity appeared and his struggles to escape lie down a little.

I shook my head. “Please calm down? Let's hear what the angel will say—”

But his anger came back quickly as he heard me say those words.

His yellow eyes glow dangerously, in fury, in this dark, raining so little but isn't enough to soak us.