Kristin

Two weeks flew by and prom was today! A week ago, my friend David and I decided to go together, as friends. Prom was a big deal in my family. I was the first one out of my two other siblings that were going. When I walked down the stairs with my silky purple dress, they took photos of me everywhere I went. Then, the bell rang. My brother Cyrus opened the door.

"Hi, David!" Cyrus cheerily said. My sister Daisy ran up to him, too.

"Hi, Cyrus. Hi, Daisy," David said. Then, he looked up and saw me. His smile widened and offered his hand to me. "You look amazing, Kristin."

"Thank you. You look amazing too," I grinned, taking his hand. My parents got my aunt to take pictures. We must have taken at least a hundred before I was ushered out of the house with David by my side. When we got to Lakeview, I spotted Cassandra vlogging.

"Hey Kristin!" she ran up to me with her date Daniel following her. I waved to her camera, hugging her. Elodie jumped out behind us, causing us to scream in terror. We all cracked up, laughing, and finally made our way into our school, to let the festivities begin. All evening was so special. We danced, took photos, and enjoyed each other's company. I saw James dancing with a few girls, but I didn't let that bother me. I was having too much fun! Hopefully, my friends back in Chicago will feel the same way I felt, tomorrow, for their prom.