Paris

Ava, Tilli, Kelly, and Raquelle thought I was overreacting to Emery's fall. They said it wasn't such a big deal. They laughed it off. Were they even my friends anymore? These past few days, something changed in me. Emery has life-threatening injuries, and the most important thing to Ava, Tilli, Kelly, and Raquelle were new clothes. After Emery showed me the photos and recording of Kelly and Sawyer talking about me, I decided to talk to both, at once. After Home Ec, I grabbed them to the side.

"What's up? I'm hungry, Paris," Kelly grumbled. I sighed. Did Kelly only think about her stomach and clothes? No. She thinks about Sawyer.

"So, Sawyer, I already asked you this, but one more time, are you and Kelly doing anything behind my back?" I demanded. Sawyer fidgeted a bit while Kelly giggled nervously.

"Whaaat? Of course not! We're...we're just fr...friends," Sawyer gulped.

"Yeah. What are you suggesting, Paris? This isn't cool," said Kelly.

I took out the photos. "Well, this isn't either." They took a look and shot each other a glance.

"Uh...Sawyer was just showing me a new app on his phone," Kelly offered. I contemplated that. I wanted to believe them. I really did. But the recording proved otherwise. When Sawyer and Kelly heard it, they sighed.

"Fine. We do go behind your back. But it's nothing serious," admitted Sawyer.

I scoffed. Nothing serious? This was serious enough. "I'm sorry, but I can't trust either of you anymore. Sawyer, we're over."

"What? But...Paris!" Sawyer cried when I started walking away.

Kelly harrumphed, "Well, isn't this just great? It was Emery, right? She told you."

I turned back to them. "Maybe yes, maybe no." Sawyer shot Kelly a confused look.

"The photographer? The one who was Paris' best friend back in the day? The one who fell off a treehouse and got a concussion. Maybe it's karma," Kelly laughed. That was the last straw. Nobody talked about Emery that way.

"How dare you?" I shouted. Kelly tossed her hair and walked away, telling me she would tell Ava, Tilli, and Raquelle all about this.

"I'm sure you will," I responded. "I have to go. Bye, Sawyer." I didn't wait for a response and ran away.