Kristin

I was in a call with Cassandra and my friend Elodie when Cleo phoned me.

"Hey, um, my friend Cleo's calling me. Can we talk later?" I asked. Cassandra and Elodie both agreed. They knew all about my life back in Chicago and interrupting our calls never bothered them. So, I picked up and my dad immediately brightened at the sound of Cleo's voice.

"Hold on, let me add Emery," Cleo said after we exchanged hellos.

"Kay." A minute later, Emery had joined our call. "Hey, what about Paris?" I wondered. There was a beat of awkward silence before Emery replied.

"I think she's busy."

I countered, "I'll just call her. Sheesh, we haven't talked in a long time." I pressed "add call" and found Paris' phone number. I clicked my phone to call and waited.

"Hello?" she finally answered after five rings.

"Yeah, hi. It's Kristin."

"Hey, Kristin. How are you?"

"Great!" I merged the two calls and before I knew it, "The Berries" were in one call.

"Oh, hi Cleo. Hi Emery," Paris stated, slowly.

"Hey, isn't this great? The four of us! Just like the old days!" I cheerfully said.

"Mhm hmm," was Paris's reply and Cleo offered a nonchalant, "Sure".

After a few moments of awkward silence, Paris hung up with a quick "gotta go".

I sighed, "Things are still weird with her?"

"Yup" was all I got as an answer.