XXVIII

BE READY

The forest was quiet. In the surface you might think of it as peaceful but if you look closely you would notice that no breathing life was present.

As Isaac and his men gather information about the place, and the former finding out that they are indeed in the enemy's territory. A crow perched on a branch, where Isaac could not see, tilted its head as it witnessed one of his kind dead on the ground.

Somewhere in the mountains there is a narrow road that only one car can enter one at a time, making it difficult for transportation. Pagsinundan mo ang daan ay mapapalibutan ka ng bundok dahil ang gilid nito ay matayog na lupa. At ang dulo nito ay makikita ang may kalakihang bahay na naka-usli sa bundok.

Sa bahay na ito nakatira ang kinikilala ng lahat na Phantom. The only one who knew his real name was his trusted butler whom he created himself, and who made it possible for the Phantom to resurrect. He was behind the project of those scientists whom he deceive, well he was not alone since he also need men and one of those was the man who captured Luna.

"Mr. Night, when will I be able to speak to our master?" The man in a suit hopefully asked. Matagal na kasi itong naghihintay, sa ilang taon na ginugol niya para makuha ang babae na iyon ay siguro naman oras na para makita niya ang boss niya.

Kasalukuyang nagsasalin ng tsaa ang mayordomo sa lalaki, saglit niya itong tiningnan pagkatapos ay tinuloy muli ang ginagawa. Pinili niyang mister Night ang itawag sa kanya ng mga nakakakilala sa kanya dahil ganoong oras noong nilikha siya ng kanyang panginoon.

"Patience, Pablo. The master will call on you very soon," Night curtly said.

"Fine," Pablo grumbled.

Night stared at the man while he sips in his cup, his face void of any expression like a well trained butler. After a while Night left the room and went up to his master's room.

He knocked three times then waited for his master's signal. Pagbukas ng pinto ay nakita niya ang kanyang panginoon na naka-sandal sa leather recliner chair nito at naka-pikit. Tahimik ang mayordomo sa paghanda ng tsaa ng kanyang panginoon.

By the time the Phantom opened his eyes, Night immediately assists on bringing the chair to its normal position.

"Gusto niyo po ba ng tsaa, panginoon?" Night offered.

"Yes," tanging sagot nito.

Agad namang kinuha ni Night ang teapot at tasa saka inilagay ito sa maliit na lamesa sa gilid ng silya.

Kinuha ng lalaki ang tasa at inilapit sa kanyang bibig. He frowned at what he saw just now. To think that those bastards have already found the place of his dwelling made him irritated. He had placed wards in the mountains to make it difficult for them to locate it. Isa lang ang ibig sabihin nito.

Pagkatapos sumimsim sa tasa ng lalaki ay ibinalik niya ito sa pinagkuhanan.

"What does he want?" The man asked pertaining to Pablo.

"He wants an audience with you, my lord." Night answered.

"He's persistent I see. Then, tell him that I want him to do something for me soon. Make him leave," he ordered in a dismissive tone.

"Yes, my lord."

After his servant left the man stood and opened his window. "Now let us play."

AFTER WITNessing the changing of color in the crows eyes Isaac walked further to the mountain. Alam niyang nasa teritoryo na siya ng kalaban, hindi lang dahil sa nakita niya kundi sa bigat ng nararamdaman niya habang papalapit siya sa bundok.