XIX

Strange

After school, Luna together with Umi and the three boys went back to the mansion. All of them were exhausted because of the exams, well except for two people.

Jace snorted. "You all looked liked you're going to die." He glanced at them through the rearview mirror while driving.

"Well, you look like you've been sleeping well," sarcastic na saad ni Luna.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Siya nga naman, mukhang wala kang pake sa grades mo."

"How can you be so sure, huh, it doesn't mean I don't sleep late that I don't study," Jace raised an eyebrow.

Tiningnan ni Luna ang lalaki na parang nanghahamon. "I just know."

"Ohh, girls and their instinct," Jace mocked.

"Siguro ilang beses ka ng nabagsak ano? Kita naman sa'yo."

Jace laughed. Luna stared at him weirdly.

"He's actually top 2 in the our year," ani Jad na nasa kaliwa niya.

Luna turned to him. Her eyes wide, she wasn't sure if she heard it right.

"Top 2?" Tanong niya ulit.

Jad lazily nodded.

She turned to Umi, who caught her eye. And again she received a nod.

"See? Don't judge a book by its cover," mayabang na saad ni Jace.

"Ezekiel is top 1 and Jad is top 7," Umi whispered.

"Ikaw?" Tanong ni Luna.

"Top 5."

Luna processed the new information she gathered. She was surrounded by smart people. Di niya mapigilang mahiya at mamangha. She had never been able to achieve even top 15. Studying was just not for her.

"Grabe sa inyong tatlo maniniwala ako pero kay Jace... kung nanggaling yun sa'yo di ako maniniwala. Mukha kang estudyanteng mahilig mag-cutting tapos pipiliing ibagsak ang subject kesa mag-isip."

Jace roared in laughter.

Luna went to her room to change her clothes. Pagkatapos ay pumunta siya sa office ni Isaac. She does that every time she goes home from school.

Kumatok siya at hinintay na papasukin bago binuksan ang pinto.

"Ice--"

Hindi niya naituloy ang sasabihin nang makita ang isang napaka-gandang babae na naka-upo ngayon sa sofa. The woman was wearing a beige, bell sleeved, flowing dress. Her hair was green, almost black. Si Isaac naman ay naka-upo sa likod ng table niya.

The woman turned to her as soon as she stepped into the room. Nang makita niya ang mukha nito ay hindi niya maiwasang isipin na nakita niya na ito dati.

"A-ah pasensya na, hindi ko alam na may bisita ka," aniya habang nilipat-lipat ang tingin sa dalawa. "Babalik na lang ako mamaya."

"Nonsense. Come here, love," tumayo si Isaac at naglakad papunta kay Luna.

Luna hesitantly moved towards Isaac. When they were in arms length, Isaac pulled her to his embrace and kissed her on her cheek.

"How was the exam?" Tanong ng lalaki.

"It was fine, sana lang mas marami ang tama kesa mali."

"Of course, you worked hard for it."

She earned another kiss on the forehead.