°22

DAY 1

the two were on the couch, far apart from each other, sock covered dangling over the edge.

doyoung resumed reading the book he previously had, and jaehyun was back on his laptop, finishing an online assignment.

and of course, they may be preoccupied in their own works, but all of their attention was on the other.

jaehyun was trying to start a conversation, while doyoung was trying to avoid one.

the angel really was falling too hard. and that's what scared him the most.

what if jaehyun didn't think he was enough?

what if they fall out of love?

what if jaehyun left him?

then what was doyoung going to do?

he moved a little in his space, breaking jaehyun out from his concentration on the assignment.

"um doyoung? are you hungry maybe? we can order something if you like."

"no thank you. i'd rather cook for us. do you understand how the food from outside is unhealthy? it is. way too much."

he stood up from the couch, mumbling to himself more than talking to jaehyun, which made the latter smile softly at the sight before him.

"doyoung."

"and also- yes?"

"you're mumbling to yourself."

"oh."

the angel's cheeks turned red when jaehyun pointed that out.

"and you're so cute while doing that."

jaehyun let his tongue loose, the words making doyoung's heart beat faster than ever before.

"um, i'm gonna make us something to eat. be right back."

he almost skipped to the kitchen, stumbling along the way as doyoung felt jaehyun's stare burning holes onto his back.

okay maybe jaehyun one more hobby to enjoy- make doyoung flustered and shy as much as possible.

yeah that was his favorite hobby from now onwards.

he sighed before looking back at his laptop again, his fingers getting back to work.

and meanwhile, the angel in the kitchen, leaning against the kitchen counter, his hands on his chest to calm his hammering heart.

doyoung got to work again, pulling out some steak and vegetable from the refrigerator to cook a full meal.

he put the steak on the cutting board, his hands going for the knife to cut the meat when he felt someone looking at him, and doyoung turned back swiftly.

and there he was.

leaning against the door, hands folded with a soft smile on his face. he was clad in his usual black shirt and his grey sweatpants, one of the familiar and warm things which doyoung found comfort in.

"what are you cooking angel?"

doyoung almost dropped the knife at that endearment, before poorly stuttering out some words.

"v-vegetables and steak."

"ooh. sounds delicious. want any help?"

"no thank you."

"ah it's okay bunny. i'll cut the vegetables and you take care of the steak. sounds good yeah?"

"o-okay. here."

he slid the packet of vegetables towards jaehyun, who took hold of it and grabbed another one of those wooden cutting boards and the matching knife they got with the set.

jaehyun came forward and stood beside doyoung, their arms almost brushing together, and call it cliche and corny and whatnot, but they both did feel that electrifying feeling when they hands touched.

that hot feeling running from your fingers, and then throughout your body.

it was silent for a while, before they both went back to normal again, their minds occupied with one another.

and when jaehyun finally finished cutting the vegetables and showed them happily to doyoung, his dimples popping out, with his soft hair tousled, sticking in all kinds of directions and his lips drawn into a proud smile, that's when doyoung let go.

he let go of the restraint he had on himself.

he let go of the wall he built between his and jaehyun's mind.

he let go of the kim doyoung who was scared of falling in love.

and then he allowed himself to fall.

completely, irrevocably and utterly fall in love with jung jaehyun.

yes he did.

kim doyoung was falling.

yes.

but not onto the ground. or into the ocean.

no.

he let him fall into jung jaehyun's heart and mind.

his arms.

his soul.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
🖤