°9

jaehyun was fidgeting with his fingers nervously, his eyes searching for taeyong's own.

he was currently seated in the latter's cafè, the aroma of coffee and the atmosphere in it making him feel of warm and fuzzy.

taeyong was currently behind the counter, their eyes meeting from time to time, before averting them with blushes on their cheeks.

it was pretty obvious for both of them that they fancied each other, but both of them wanted to take it slow. they only met 2 days before.

his eyes landed on the book he was reading, the one about an angel and..... a human.

he was somewhat amused and embarrassed at the same time while borrowing it from the library, because that is what doyoung and him were.

an angel and his human.

he had just started it, but in this story, the angel was a fallen one.

the boy's thoughts were interrupted by taeyong, who placed a cup of coffee and a scone before him.

"thank you hyung."

"your welcome jaehyun-a. so, how was class today?"

"boring as always. but i found a new book today to read!"

his enthusiasm regarding the book made taeyong smile softly.

"and what is the book about?"

"oh. um, it's about a fallen angel and a human."

"wow. that's interesting."

"i don't know. i haven't read anything yet. enough about me, so how was your day?"

"oh it was fine. we had our special scones out today, so it was a busy day for the cafè."

"that's nice."

silence fell between them, and the awkwardness it brought was really obvious.

that was until taeyong opened his mouth.

"look jaehyun, you're a nice guy. and i would really like it if we got somewhere forward from what we are right now. it may take months or even years, but i just want you to know that i've had some really bad experiences from my past relationships. and i don't want that from you cause i know you're not like my exes. i don't want you to be the reason if i got hurt someday. so-"

jaehyun gulped really hard.

"will you wait for me?"

his eyes widened and his heart beat really fast. this was it. the boy stared at taeyong, taking in all his beauty, before smiling softly and answering the latter's question.

"yes."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"yes! i fucking said yes!"

"very good. now, come and eat. i made dinner for you."

"oh god. i already ate. why didn't you ask me first?"

"oh. well how would i know if you ate or not? i didn't think you would stay with taeyong for dinner."

"well i did. and it was amazing! you should taste his ramyeon! it seriously is the best!"

"it's good that you guys like each other now."

"well, all thanks to you i guess. anyway, gotta sleep. big day tomorrow. goodnight bunny."

the boy exited the kitchen, not even bothering to look back at doyoung, who whispered something after the door closed behind him.

"goodnight jaehyun."

his sad eyes stayed upon the closed door before looking down at his sock covered feet.

is it wrong for him to be hurt because jaehyun didn't eat the food he made?

why was he even hurt in the first place?

"i never should have come here."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
🖤