°4

it had been 5 minutes and jaehyun still hadn't stopped laughing. he was laughing very much, but was irritated as well.

i mean, like, wouldn't you be irritated if a stranger stalks you, breaks into your home, and then seriously tells you he's your guardian angel?

"jaehyun."

the stern voice of doyoung pulled jaehyun out of his reverie, who looked at the elder before scoffing.

"yeah right. you're my guardian angel, and i'm the helpless human you have always looked after."

"that's correct. you're taking this well than i thought."

"hUH. y'know what? stop your bullshit. just get out of my face."

"oh. i see. you don't believe me."

"yeah no shit sherlock."

"well, what should i do to make you believe me?"

"i think you should get out before i call the cops."

"and i think i should stay here and resume my job and responsibility of being your guardian angel."

"look! i will never ever believe in something like this! i don't believe in things like you!-

jaehyun suddenly stopped, only to look back at doyoung with a smirk on his face. he knew his next request was gonna break this copycat standing before him.

"unless you show me your wings."

doyoung stiffened, at which jaehyun's smirk grew.

"oh doyoung. what happened? don't you have wings?"

the said one cleared his throat before answering.

"i'm not supposed to show you them. it's one of the rules."

"oh there are rules?"

"yes."

"i'm done with you, you little shit!"

"you still don't believe me?"

"never."

jaehyun had never been this angry.

"well, then, i'll make you believe. you're jung jaehyun. you're even called jung yoonoh. you were born on february 14, 1997. you're 23, you love coffee and reading books, your favorite color is white and your favorite season is spring."

jaehyun kept himself calm and composed but on the inside, it was like hell.

"everyone knows that. how do i know you didn't get this information from my friends and-"

"first of all, you don't have friends(ouch). second of all, i'm not finished."

jaehyun huffed before giving doyoung a hand gesture for him to continue.

"you were 7 when you had an accident. you and your parents were in connecticut then, and they were taking you to your favourite carnival. it was snowy, and then the car-"

"shut up! shut up! just shut the hell up! you don't know anything about that! don't you dare tal-"

"jaehyun, who do you think pulled you out of the car? who do you think destroyed your adoption papers so that you can go back home to korea to live with your grandmother? who do you think pushed you out of the way of an oncoming car?"

the human couldn't help but cry at those horrifying memories he had, which kept him up at night for ages. a small part of his heart and mind just wanted doyoung out of his house, but the other part didn't.

"that was you?"

"yes."

he took a while, a maximum of half an hour, before looking at doyoung with a blank expression, who stood there with a concerned face.

"can you leave? i need some time alone to process all of... this."

"sure."

was the only thing he heard before the front door closed softly.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

he was sat on the couch, his pounding head in his hands, the fingers massaging his forehead.

it was too much. too much to take in at a time. and too much for him to remember the horrible accident again.

he sighed before going back to his little open space. it was nothing special. just a worn out couch, some cozy blankets and some fairy lights, all surrounded by his own little garden that he had worked hard all summer for.

the place wasn't special to him, but the view was.

there it was, his star, high up in the sky, shining brightly just for him.

call him crazy, but the star was the only thing that comforted him in ways the world can never describe.

he looked at the couch, the blankets, the lights, the garden and then at the star. one thing was surely missing though.

his heart. his breath. his love. his best friend. his other half. his soulmate.

he just wondered how it feels to have someone in his life. someone he can hold. breathe. cherish. love. and to be loved and wanted.

his eyes settled on the star again, before smiling softly.

"my byul. please don't leave me."

never jaehyun-a.

doyoung watched on, as his human watched him from the below.

jaehyun had just called him my star.

but he has to hide it. he has to hide the fact that, the star jaehyun always talked to before going to sleep, was indeed his guardian angel.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
hope you like it my loves.
and byul means star in korean.
have a good day/night.
be healthy and take care.
i love you🖤