XIII: Chat messages

Start from the beginning

"Ha. I knew you have a selfie." she says and you frown at her. You usually have a habit of taking pictures or selfies you will never ever post. And of course, Norrie knows it. 

"Oh wow, he hasn't seen it yet." 

"He's probably gonna look at it after practice."

"True." 

"Let's head inside then." You say as you help her with her stuff.

"You really do have the best house." she says as she slumps on the couch. "You have a pool, a court and even a gym inside. If I wasn't straight, I'd totally marry you." Norrie says as she lays down lazily. "Yes, Yes. Now start studying." You said like you were her mom and she groans.

"But even if you have all ths stuff, why are you so unlucky with guys?" She asks absentmindedly and you suddenly hit her in the head. "OUCH." You hear her complain. But knowing her, she's probably gonna talk about a couple of things before really being productive. 

"Aren't you planning to cut your hair?" Norrie asks you and you groan internally, as you were right with your deduction. You reply with a shrug. "Too much work. As long as it can fit inside my wig, it's fine." You reasoned. She sighs. "Why don't you just dye your hair again?" she suggested and you shook your head.

"My mom almost killed me when she found out, remember?" You told her with a deadpan expression, remembering how you almost got disowned. Your platinum blonde hair was a feature from your mother's side of the family that had always been treasured and was a trademark.

But you weren't fond of attention outside the court. And when you always get pestered for being the spittting image of your mother, you dyed your hair black in frustration. In the end, you've made a grave mistake. Dealing with public attention was far better than dealing with your mother's wrath. Now, you just make do with the wig, wearing it under a bonnet.

"You can't even go out freely now. Your face is plastered everywhere." Norrie says and you nod with a sigh. There's also that.

"I thought you weren't entering the modeling industry?" Norrie asks as she slumps on the couch.

"They said they weren't gonna use that photo. But they did."

"Don't you usually get compensation for those kinds of things?" 

"I did. The money's in my account."

"Well, aren't you gonna do any of your requirements?" She says and you toss up a volleyball repeatedly while laying on the sofa. "Already finished it a week ago."

"Let me guess... You've finished it three days after they've been given out?" she says with an annoyed expression.

"Yup."

"Why am I friends with you?" She says wtih a groan. She suddenly stands up, filled with vigor.

"Procrastination is the essence of being a college student! Stop being so responsible." She proclaims like a church pastor but you only ignored her.

You suddenly hear the ping of the notification on your phone. Norrie immediately gets it, excited for the development. If only all that enthusiasm could be transferred to her academic performance. 

You peek from behind her, wondering what she was so excited about.

And the two of you only looked at the message Ushijima sent you.

Norrie frowns as she stares at the phone repeatedly, trying to make sure. 

"Why is he replying like my mom?" Norrie complains and you only laugh.

"Wakatoshi, you're chatting someone?" Ushijima's teammates asked him, noticing how he stared at his phone longer than usual.

"Yes."

"Is it a girl?"

The stoic athlete only nods. The others' ears suddenly peaked in interest. "Wait." The captain says and makes them halt. 

"It's Claire, isn't it?" he asks, with eyes as sharp as an eagle and Ushijima nods.

The others groaned and walked away, their interest immediately fading. They couldn;t sense the romance between that little monster and this volleyball idiot anyway so they only walked away. 

The volleyball players were really like highschool girls who loved gossip.

A/N: Original art of claire drawn by me :)