✖️Ignore✖️

Start from the beginning

"Can we play Uno?" Olivia asked, breaking the silence.

"Sure" I smiled at her.

"Mom?"

"You two just play. I need to go do... Something" Nini lied.

"Mom?" Olivia repeated in a different tone.

"Goodbye" she was about to leave.

"Mom, please?"

"Sorry, Liv. No" Nini turned to look at her. I can tell that she is going to regret that "You have enough players anyway"

"But it's so much better with three. Two is ok but three is so much better" my daughter told her mom.

"No, Olivia" Nini strictly said.

Olivia gave me a mischievous look before turning back to Nini.

"Please?" She begged with her family-famous always working puppy dog eyes.

"I... Uh... You need to stop doing that. It's not fair" Nini sat back down in the seat and we played Uno.

We played a few rounds until we heard someone knock the door.

"Joshyyyyyy" Liv smiled once she saw the boy.

"Livvyyyyyyy" Joshua came over and hugged her "How are you?"

"Fine, what about you?" She moved over in her bed and patted the space beside her for Josh to sit on.

"Lonely... I didn't realize that you are literally my only friend until you aren't at school" he laughed. Liv giggled at him "No. I'm serious!"

"Well you need to visit more often then" she smiled "Do you wanna play a game?"

"Uno? Duh!" We all played a round or two before the nurse came in.

"Is this Olivia Bowen?" She asked.

"Yes" Nini replied, nervously.

"Can we take her for a test? Only one parent in allowed, please" she looked between me and my ex wife.

"I remember the last time that only one person was allowed in the hospital. In the ambulance before Olivia was born" I remembered.

"Yeah. I chose you because you were the father of the baby" Nini laughed as she looked at me, clearly remembering the day that our daughter was born.

"Miss Jenn and Kourtney were pretty angry with me..." I smiled.

"I don't even know why they were" she giggled.

"Guys, sorry to interrupt this sweet flirting but which parent is coming?" The nurse interrupted us.

"Me" we both said at the same time.

"Ricky, I gave birth to her" Nini reasoned.

"You know she is also mine, right?" I reminded her.

"She could be EJ's and you wouldn't know" she told me.

"Impossible. You wouldn't lie to me" I smirked, knowing that she is not a Caswell.

"What? Like you did for the first 6 years of us being together?" What is she talking about?

"What are you on about?" I asked, confused.

"You wouldn't have a child if it wasn't for me!" Nini faught.

"Nor would you! You wanted to give her up for adoption!" I spat. Oops. Too far, too soon.

Nini looked shocked at my sudden outburst then her face turned to just disappointed. The nurse looked shocked. Joshua looked awkward. Like he was imagining a situation that this ended well. I can't think of one. Can you? No, ok. Olivia looked hurt. I would be too if I found out that my mom didn't want me. Nini and I had agreed not to tell her. That went well for the first 15 years of her life. Until now.