🧑‍🤝‍🧑Adopted🧑‍🤝‍🧑

Joshua's POV

I woke up on the living room sofa with my arms around Olivia. I looked at her. Her arms were around me too. Her head was resting on my chest. If a stranger were to come in they would think that we are a couple. I heard the radio quietly playing in the background but nothing else.

"Josh? You awake?" I heard Ricky say.

"You scared me" I told him "Were you sitting there for long?"

He was on the other sofa.

"Only ten minutes or so. Also, I scared you because you were so checking out my daughter and how beautiful she is"

"Was not" I lied, blushing.

"Blushing!" He sang while pretending to read the newspaper in his hand.

I threw a pillow at him, jokingly. We laughed quietly at it.

"The adoption center already got back" he told me.

"What? Really? But I thought I was only put up there yesterday?"

"Yes, but there is two gay guys who want to adopt and none of the other kids want to be adopted by two guys or two girls so, would you like to?" He offered.

"Yeah! I'd love to! Are they in Salt Lake City?" I asked.

"They are" he smiled at me "Oh! And, ask Liv out. She likes you too"

"What? Really? How do you know? Does she?" I got a bit too excited and he looked at me worriedly "I mean- whatever"

"What do you mean whatever?" He said in a really high voice, quoting Gabriella in HSM 2 "I woke up to that early in the morning and was pretty confused"

I laughed at him "No, like seriously. I don't like your daughter"

"Well she loves you" he said before his eyes got really wide and he covered his mouth with his hand.

"What? Yeah, I know. We say that we love eachother all the time... That's what you mean? Right?" I laughed nervously.

"Yeah. That's totally what I meant" he laughed nervously too.

"What are you two talking about?" Olivia woke up with her eyes still closed.

"Dogs" I covered while Ricky covered with "Fajitas"

"Fajitas" "Dogs"

Liv looked at us confused.

"Hot dogs and fajitas. Some of our favourite food" I laughed nervously for the millionth time today.

"Okayyyy" she dragged, not believing me. She closed her eyes again.

We looked at her to see when she would realize that she was on my chest.

She then shot up. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Josh! I didn't even realize that I was lying on top of you" she rushed out"

"It's fine" I laughed as Ricky and I were bursting out laughing.

"You won't be laughing when my big, bony head is on you, dad" she laughed.

"It's not that big. Or bony" I told her.

"Then how big and bony is your head if mine isn't big and bony?" We laughed.

"A moment in love" Ricky sang along with the song winding us up.

We both threw a pillow at him.

"Wow! Three pillows in the morning? Yeesh!" Ricky laughed "Wait. Is that my song? Why is it on the radio?"