Mind made up

So a death certificate huh? You know what? Let's not rush in to the events; whole lot of drama happened, so let's take it one by one, shall we?

That night after Jane left I was serious; I made decisions, serious ones, based on everything that has been going on. You may think it's a little too late now, but better late than never right? So I came to peace with the fact that I can't be with Arsen. It was a hard pill to swallow, but it sunk in eventually after a few cups of coffee and a few breakdowns,, all in the same night.

Day 1 of my logical decision making process:

I headed over to the airline's office building to apply for a request to change my crew. My tongue was tied and my stomach was groaning but those decisions had to be made whether I will like their consequences or not. The secretary had me waiting as she presented my request to Mr. Blake, who of course wasn't happy as he welcomed me in to his office.

"Now what captain?" Mr. Blake told me in a disappointed tone as I walked in to his office.

"I just want to be moved to another crew, that's all." I smiled.

"What did Kayl do?" He sounded more than certain that it was because of Kayl.

"It really has nothing to do with him." I assured him. "I promise, I just feel like I will perform better if I was in a different crew."

"I don't believe you." He stated with a soft smile on his face. "There's no problem we can't fix. You're in one of our best crews and you guys are performing so well together; moving into a different crew doesn't seem to be the best solution."

"Trust me it has nothing to do with him." I repeated. "I just feel like I will do better in a different crew."

"Our top priority is our employees' comfort so I can't refuse your request." He added. "However once I sign this application there's no coming back; we usually don't switch cabin crew members unless there's a serious problem."

"Yes sir I know that." I sighed mentally saying goodbye to one of the best crews I've ever had.

And Mr Blake signed my application to be shifted to a different crew. Was I scared, nervous, and worried about how much I would like the new crew? Yes I was, but this was the right thing to do and there was no coming back. After leaving Mr Blake's office, I headed over to our locker room to say goodbye for one last time to my crew. I planned on making the meeting as emotionless as possible as I didn't want to regret my decision, but of course that one part didn't go according to plan.

"I just can't believe you'll actually do this, I thought you loved us." Melissa mumbled in a childish tone after I broke the news to em.

"Are you kidding me! I LOVE you guys! I just feel like this is for the crew's best interest." I explained with a heart broken over them.

"Is it because of Kayl?!" Ariana asked sarcastically faking anger. "Cuz if it is, I swear I will chop off his English head!"

"No!" I shook my head in laughter. "He has nothing to do with it."

"Well then, whatever makes you happy, cap." Johnny smiled taking me in for a hug and then the 3 ladies joined in for a group hug that was so soft and loving I wanted it to last longer.

Arsen walked in on us saying our goodbyes, but of course for everyone else he's as surprised as they are so, camera roll, take 1, action!

"What's that all about?" He inquired playing it dumb for the audience.

"Captain Destiny is leaving our crew." Melissa explained to him. "Based on her request."

"Aha." He nodded with a straight face. "Good luck with that. So long captain." He stepped in to the men's locker room which was empty so I told the crew that I will tell him a proper goodbye and followed him in hoping to God that goes well.

"Hey." I murmured to grab his attention as his back was towards me. He was changing so if I may say, his bare back. "I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for everything,, and also appologize for,, you know..." I lost words as he turned around to face me with a cold look.

"Nice speech." He nodded pursing his lips. "You can go now." I was hurt by how cold he was to me, so hurt. But I was in no place to complain, so I accepted his bullshit.

"Good bye, Kayl." I nodded and walked away.

It was a hard thing to do, but I had enough courage to go for it and it was no time for regrets. That day I was on robot mood: feelingless, heartless, and strong. Yes I actually felt very strong, like everything else is below me. All those human emotions and weaknesses were not for me, and I just wanted to focus on myself. How silly of me to think that can work out?

I headed back home afterwards as I was told that I shall start with the new crew starting from tomorrow. Wish me luck?

Day 2 of my logical decision making process:

I got to the airline at 9am sharp and headed to where my new crew's locker rooms are. I had butterflies in my stomach, similar to the ones I had on my very first day in the airline. Who am I going to fly next to?

"I thought I wasn't a lucky person." A familiar voice said. "But perhaps I am."

"Cameron??" I'm in Cameron's crew!

"When Mr. Blake told me that our beloved Destiny is looking for a crew, I didn't hesitate to offer a warm new home." He smiled taking me in for a hug.

"I'm mind blown!" I laughed. "But most certainly relieved."

"Welcome to your new crew. Come on let me introduce you to the rest of the crew." He said taking me to meet the crew.

This was another good thing, to end up in a crew with a familiar face, flying next to a great pilot, and well, drama free for a good while. The rest of day 2 was spent in a back and forth flight to Mexico on the same day. It wasn't easy adapting to flying with someone who's not Arsen. I legit couldn't stop thinking about him. He was like a home to me in the aircraft. His soft breaths when taking off, his straight face when air turbulences hit, his steady hands during landing, his scoffs every time I try to be funny, and his scent that filled the entire cabin which I never got over.

"Captain you there?" Cameron said as we were in the air on our way back to LA.

"What? Yea." I shook my head as if I'm throwing my thoughts about Arsen away.

"I was talking to you for a while but you seem to be somewhere else." He smirked shaking his head.

"I blacked out, it's all good." But it wasn't.

I had to remind myself that the decisions were made and there's no coming back down.

Another day passed, and I was thankful for that.

Day 3 of my logical decision making process:

The third day was calm, quiet, and peaceful. I was keeping my distance from Arsen, and the more I avoided him the calmer my thoughts were. Yes, I missed him. Yes, I wasn't over him. But I was making a slow but steady progress, and I proved myself right when I saw him in the parking lot.

After a long day of flying next to non-stop talking Cameron, who actually made me realize that maybe Arsen's quietness isn't that bad, I headed to the parking lot to drive home. Then I see Arsen parking his car next to mine.

He seemed angry, too drained by his thoughts that he barely even noticed me. I wanted to go check on him so bad. I wanted to hear a word from him, even a rude one, I didn't care. But I couldn't. It was no longer my place to interfere, I had no business with him. And for once, just once, I respected his privacy and desire to be left alone. As I got in to my car I locked eyes with him, a pause, silence, and nothing. He left and so did I.

End of day 3. End of my short logical decision making process.

Day 4. The beginning of the end.