"Our father ? " They asked in unison taken by surprise. 

Cora nodded her head slowly, "Yeah and that's why Kalvin is staying with us now." She continued to explain to them.

"What ? It's making non-sense, mum." Almar said a bit lost.

Cora sighed, "Listen...I...Your father...is someone dangerous...and...he wants...Uh...to see you two...but...Uh...I don't want to...because I don't want him to...hurt you." She sighed not knowing what to tell them without scaring them, "You're my life and it will kill me if something happens to you. Uh...Kalvin is here so...we...can...protect you. I know, it's confusing, but...trust me. Okay ? "

"We trust you, mum. But...Kalvin in our house...we don't really know about this. I mean, we don't hate him, but...we don't know him like that. Maybe, he's dangerous too." Acacia said staring at Kalvin with narrowed eyes.

Kalvin cleared his throat, "I'm not here to hurt you or your mother. I just want all of y'all to be safe. Listen, I met...him earlier today and..." He didn't know what to say next without talking crazy about their father. 

Almar frowned, "And what ? " 

Kalvin really didn't know which words he should use. How to describe that horrible man who was about to put his hand on their mother after he disrespect her in her house and mainly all the pain he caused to her in the past. How to describe that man who didn't want them and left as soon as he found out about the pregnancy. He thought for a moment, but hadn't found the words. He sighed, "He's not the nicest person of the world." After he said that, there was a little silence.

"Anyways, it was going to happen...since...the baby...Uh..." Acacia started trailing off. The kids were completely aware of the baby situation. They knew that within the next months, their life was going to change more and more. Acacia's best friend, Malika, went through the same thing and she explained to them how everything was going to go from now that their mother had a bun in the oven. 

"Yeah...we understand...kind of..." Almar added nodding his head slowly.

Cora smiled a bit, "Well...Kalvin will sleep in the guest room."

"Okay." They said in unison.

"Thanks to welcome me in your house. I promise, I won't bother y'all." Kalvin assured Cora and the children.

"Okay. Can we continue to watch Spongebob now ? " Almar asked already taking the remote, that was on the coffee table.

"Yeah." She answered beaming. It went better than what she thought, "Uh...Kalvin, c'mon I'm going to show you your room." She motioned for him to follow her.

They went upstairs, "So...down the hall, there are the kids' rooms and here their bathroom, but you, you're going to use mine. Uh...so here the guest room and next to it, there is mine. If you need something, you know where to find me. And downstairs, there are the living room and kitchen and a little garden in the back. And uh...we have to get you a key." She sighed passing her right hand in her hair.