Chapter 1- Mia Cielo Paradiso version 2.0

I am Mia Cielo Paradiso, one of Italian's renowned Surgeon. After ten years of hardship and heartache, I am making all my dreams turn into reality. I live in my own apartment near the hospital. Yes, I chose to stay here because my heart belongs to this country.

I still have my nightmares for the last ten years. I woke up crying and screaming his name in the middle of the night. I miss him, my one and only love. All of the things that had happened were still fresh like it just happened yesterday.

I visit my therapist once in a while. I thought I was going to lose my sanity. Everywhere I go, I can still feel his presence. Until now, I can't fully accept that he was gone.

I went to the gym every morning. I was working out to be healthy and fit. I also went to the shooting range twice a week because I  was making myself familiar with the different kinds of guns. I do enjoy the routine that we usually do together.

I spend my free time talking with him on his grave. I don't even know what or who was in there because they never found his body. The tragic accident keeps playing in my mind. There's still a deep hole inside my heart. They say that time heals all wounds but if that is really true, why am I not healing at all? I am still hoping that one day, I woke up with him beside me, lying on my bed.

I was trying to move on so I was already entertaining few friendly dates but he was beyond compare. Even though I spend most of my time working, at the end of the day, I still feel the emptiness inside me.

My friend Airy is now an owner of a Real Estate Company while Devan is an owner of chains of restaurants. I haven't seen them for a while because I always kept myself busy.

My brother Jace is working in a hotel as a manager. My sister is now a preschool teacher. We see each other twice a month. My parents were staying together at a small town on the  other side of the country.

I was doing a lot of researches about the Platinum Dragons and the Silver Snakes for the past ten years but both groups had brilliant hackers because I hardly get a useful information. I still want to bring him justice.

I wonder what could have been if he was still alive. What does he look like? I mean,he was handsome and perfect when we were younger. Will he ask me to marry him? How many kids will we have? I always wear the golden heart locket necklace that he gave me. I look at the picture first thing in the morning and before I close my eyes at night.

My colleagues at the hospital asked me to go to the bar tomorrow night. Well, I better go with them so that I could relax for a while.

The following day, I had finished several scheduled operations and without noticing the time, it was already 5pm.
My friend Rhian told me to go to a particular bar named "Pleasure" by 7pm. Hmm, the name of the bar is very intriguing. I wish it could really bring pleasure to us later.

I arrived at the bar at around 7:30 pm because for the first time, I don't know what to wear. I was wearing a peach tank top and mini skirt. I've never gone to any place like this for a while. I'm a lightweight that's why I will try to control myself because this time, no one will look after me.

I went inside the bar looking for Rhian. She said that she was with his boyfriend and his boyfriend's friend.
Rhian said, " Hey Mia! This is my boyfriend Lance and this is his bestfriend." In front of me is about 6 ft tall, gorgeous looking man. His shirt fits him perfectly. His smell is a combination of cinnamon and myrrh. He said, " Hi Beautiful!" then he smiled at me. He sounds familiar, I looked at him in the eye and said, "Have we met before?"
He replied, " Salted Caramel Pretzel Shake, Ms. Taken!"
I answered, "Carlisle Deveraux is that really you?"
He said, "In the flesh Beautiful!"
I was happy that someone I knew during our teenage years was here with us. Rhian said, "Wow! I guess I can spend more time with my boyfriend  because you two need to catch up!"

I smiled and nodded in agreement with Rhian. Carlisle said  that he is now managing several businesses of his dad. Carl had few drinks but I only had two shots of vodka and the rest was just water because I will drive myself home.

After few hours, we decided to go home but we also exchanged phone numbers. Carl is more mature and a better version than the teenager who was full of himself.