12. Two Negatives Became Positive [End]

Taehyung nonchalantly took it out of the envelope. He assumed it to be another wearing business letter. But the name inscribed on it caught is attention. The world almost stopped around him. He stumbled and sat on the nearest chair.

"Kim Sri."

There was a certificate and a hand written note. It was written by Sri. It revealed an untold truth to him.

letter

"I think I will be gone by the time the letter reaches you. Hope you are keeping my promise. Are you taking good care of yourself? Are you eating well? Are you having another wife? I will haunt her then 😉. Just kidding! I want you to move on and reshape your life. You have all the right to fall in love again. But please don't forget me, Tae.

There was a tear strain beside the word 'Tae'.

Mianhae (sorry). But this is the best thing I could do for you. Now I can finally rest in peace. Stay happy, love. "

FLASH BACK

Sri opened her eyes after two days from the accident. Surprisingly a bright beam of light hit her pupils. It took her some time to adjust herself to the vision. The first thing she saw was the doctor. For a moment she thought that she was dreaming. But just then she felt an acute pain in her head which brought her into reality. She hissed in agony.

"Take it easy. Can you see my hand?" The doctor waved at her.

"Y-yes, but how?" her voice was groggy.

"It's a miracle. I suppose you had a head injury earlier?" She nodded as the doctor continued, "Due to the  impact your vision was hampered. But it was mended due to another impact last night. It is really a miracle, usually patients like you never get back their lost vision."

For a moment Sri was the happiest person on the earth. She found herself lucky. The world seemed colourful again. Her perception of senses got multiplied ten times. She could see! She had got back her lost vision! Her mind floated along with the clouds. Taehyung would be so happy to know this—Tae?! Where is he?!

"Doctor, where is Taehyung? M-My Husband! I want to see him." Her heart began beating fast.

"You can't. He is still unconscious."

Her colours seemed to fade again and the throbbing in her head became more like hammering of sharp nails. Her breath became uneven. "W-What Ha...ppened to...HIM?! He i-is goi-ing to be F-fine, Right?" She hyperventilated.

"Don't panic. Calm down, your condition will worsen, Mrs Kim. He is fine. There are only some injuries which will be healed soon." The doctor pushed her back into the bed.

She felt as if a thousand of stones got lifted off her chest. Her breath slowed down.

He was not done as he continued, "However, I am afraid that you don't have much time left."

"What do you mean?", her tone was low as if she did not want to hear his answer.

"Your head injury has both positive and negative effect on you. Its definitely a miracle that you've got back your vision. But at the same time, you have an internal haemorrhage which is irrecoverable." The doctor inhaled deeply, "I have tried my best, but I could do nothing. Somethings are beyond medical science. I am really sorry for you."

Sri stopped breathing for some seconds. A wave of deja vu hit her. The doctor had said the same lines 8 years ago. That time she had heard the news of her parents' death but this time she was hearing her own death news. Her palms sweated. She had never thought that her lifeline would be so fragile, her life span would be so small. She didn't know what to feel. Should she cry? Or laugh? Or maybe shout?