9. Checkmate

"LET GO!" Sri's voice faded in Jeongwoo's next action.

He scooped her in his arms while she tried her best to get free from his monstrous hold. Then he placed her into his car and tied her hands and mouth.

A feel of dread washed over Sri. She missed Taehyung. She wanted to cry but she couldn't. Her fear had absorbed all the moisture from her eyes. Her throat was dry. She felt weak but angry at the same time. Should she disturb him while driving and cause an accident? Then she could run away. Damn it, Sri! How can you cause an accident? You're in the same car! Her brain immediately reasoned.

She closed her eyes and prepared herself for whatever happens henceforth. No way she was letting that jerk to have her. The only thing she heard was her intensifying heartbeat and the sound of Jeongwoo's car.

Jeongwoo parked the car in front of his house. He picked up a tied Sri from the passenger's seat and walked into the house. A feeling of nostalgia tickled her heart as she sadly looked at the tall ceiling of the living space.

Jeongwoo went to the room and placed her on the bed. Then he untied her.
It was her and Taehyung's room. It was their bed. It still smelled of them. The whole mansion seemed depressing without its rightful owners.

"LET ME GO! YOU WILL REGRET IT!" She threatened while crawling away from him.

"I-I prommiii...sseee t-that I willlll let you g-go in the mor...ning." Jeongwoo was so drunk that his voice was clumsy. He couldn't even stand properly. He came closer to her.

"You're drugged." She gasped at her realization.

"Shhhh," he placed his pointer on her lips, "else it would go rough." Hearing him her voice died. She pressed her lips together to prevent the escape of sobs. Her vision got blurry due to accumulated tears.

..............

Sri closed her eyes tightly as Jeongwoo ran his fingers from her forehead down to her lower body. He playfully pinched her naval region. She hiccupped in disgust. The buttons were barely holding her top together.

Jeongwoo unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it somewhere on the floor. He hovered over her, placing his hands either side of her body. She pressed her back into the mattress, creating as much distance as possible. She refused to look into his lusty eyes.

Jeongwoo lowered his head and nibbled her earlobe. She hissed, not in pain but in hate. He was nothing more than a piece of nasty toiletry to her. He was disgusting not anywhere near to the night Tae and Sri had shared last day. How much she wanted tk be in the arms of her husband right now!

As he was about to unbutton her skirt, there was a loud BANG! on the door. All heads turned towards the man with most handsome yet the most ferocious face at that moment. Sri was never so much relieved before she knew who it was just from the shift of air. A faint smile crept to her lips as the tears finally rolled down.

Taehyung was like a hungry tiger who pounced upon his prey. He harshly pulled Jeongwoo away from her and threw him to the wall. He continuously punched his face.

Taehyung's heart was hammering on his chest. He was just in time. A few more minutes delay would have costed Sri too much. He couldn't imagine what would have happened. He forgot that the man under him was his brother. He punched him until he bled. It was only haterate and anger that consumed him.

At first Jeongwoo was off balance, he got beaten by the older. But soon the scenario changed. Taehyung was at a disadvantage because he could not see. Jeongwoo punched him back. The later was thrown away from him. Now, Taehyung laid on the floor and Jeongwoo was above him.