That's what brothers are for, right?

Start from the beginning

The weeks that followed were interesting, to say the least. Adam did not hang around his friends at all, opting to stay with his little brother all the time. And Chase appreciated it, he truly did, but he didn't mean to ruin his brothers good time.
Adam didn't talk so much, he made effort to avoid it even. His old friends didn't make any comments anymore, they pointed and walked the other direction. Adam glared and Chase pretended not to notice.

"Hey! Chase!" The few minutes of his day he spend walking alone in the hallways on this Thursday afternoon were interrupted when Adam yelled through the silence. "Hey, Chase! Over here!" He was waving frantically with his arms, starting to jump when his eyes locked with Chase's. With all the eyes on him, Chase felt embarrassed. He would rather go back to no one noticing him.

"Adam, I see you," he made his way over to the right side of the door Adam was leaning against.

"Good! You probably did because I was yelling your name."

"Yeah I think that's why," at first he thought it was sarcasm but then decided this was Adam, and no, just not possible.

"What's your next class? I got math," Adam pointed towards the end of the hall where the math classroom was. "You know, with all the numbers and letters."

"I got physics," luckily at the other side of the school, "you know, with forces and stuff."

"The force? Are you secretly a jedi?"

"Yes, Adam, I am a jedi," there's no point in arguing anyway.

And despite their classes not being near each other at all, Adam walked Chase to his.

{~}

"Adam?"

The door opened with quite a lot of force, slamming against the wall. Adam was currently engrossed in some gadget he had been designing since forever. He couldn't afford to look up and mess it up, just to see who entered.

"Yes that's me. What are you doing?" And Chase should've known better than to let Adam get near anything vulnerable.

"Adam don't-" but the sparks were already flying and the lights went out, cause the emergency generator to take over. "-touch that." Chase slumped over the counter as he watched the last two hours of his life go to waste. At least, until he was tackled.

"Chase, you shouldn't play with that. It's dangerous!"

"Adam everything was fine until you came! Get off me!"

"I'm sorry," Adam lifted his body off of the younger and went to sit next to him, eyes casted to the floor as his fingers were fidgeting with his shoelaces.

"It's okay, I will just start again and- Adam what's wrong?" His older brother looked very small and the moment, Chase had never seen him this vulnerable.

"I just-" he paused to het his thoughts aligned. "When I saw you, two weeks ago, the guys I thought were my friends were bullying my best friend. I'm sorry sorry Chase." His hands were holding his head now.

"Hey, hey, shh," Chase spoke softly as he moved to wrap his arm around Adam. "It's okay, it was never physical before that one time."

"Still, it's not right."

"No, but I'm fine. And I appreciate your concern, but you don't need to walk me to my classes," Adam nodded as he cuddled a little closer to his brother.

"Okay," he wrapped his arms around Chase as they hugged.

"What is going on in here?" Bree was standing in the doorway, concern plastering her face. Well, it's not really a daily sighed.

"Nothing, Chase fell," Adam said as he moved to get up. Only then did Chase see the small tear stains on his cheeks. It made him smile a bit.

"Yeah silly me," he was on his feet now, standing rather awkwardly. Lying was never one of his strengths.

"Okay...?" You could almost hear her say the question mark.

Adam looked at Chase gratefully.

Yeah, it was going to be okay.

~END~

Sorry I kinda lost the plot somewhere along the line but I hope you liked it!