If I die young

Summary: Chase his girlfriend is sick. Her heart is close to failing completely. The doctors say she only has one week left. And yes, I know, she should be in a hospital, but that's a little less romantic. Aaand I know they can't precisely San when she's going to die! I just didn't feel like writing some sad hospital scene, as long as seven days!

Third person POV
"Chase?" Emily asks. "Aren't you going to say something?" Tears welling up in her eyes. "What do you want me to say? I-" a tear slowly makes his way down his cheek. "You - you just told me you're gonna die." He's full on crying by now

"I'm sorry..."
"No darling, it's not your fault I just love you so much." Deep breathe. "I can't lose you."

Emily swings her arms around Chase's neck, pulling him into a hug. "Let's make this last week the best in your life." Emily smiles but shakes her head. "They need you here, at the accademy." Chase hums and looks her deep in the eye, "I can take a week of, course I can! I'll do anything for you." Emily smiles at his words and places a soft and sweet kiss on his lips. "I know darling."

===========================

"Mr Davenport?" The slightly nervous voice of Chase echoes through the office.
"Yes Chase? Is there something wrong?" He asks slightly worried.
"Uhm well, I want a week off." Chase stutters quietly.
"I'm sorry Chase but no. You are needed at the accademy. A day maybe but a whole week, I can't do that. That's not fair to your siblings either." Tears are forming in Chase's eye as he chokes out the words. "Emily is dying, she only has one week left." And he's crying again, he hates crying.
"What? She's, she's dying? Oh god Chase I'm so sorry, of course you can get that week off. Pack your things and spent this week with her." He pulls his son into a hug while he sobs silently. Chase mutters a quick thank you before leaving to his room.

=============^_^=============
"Emily? Darling?" The voice of the youngest Davenport echoes through the appartment.
"I'm here," responds Emily from inside the bathroom.
"Darling, are you okay?" Worry fills Chase's eyes as he opens the door, finding her bowed over the toilet, holding her hair back with her left hand while shaking violently. "I'm fine really. Well as fine as I can be." The brunette boy pulls her into a soft and caring hug to which she gladly responds. "This is going to be the best week you've ever lived, I promise." He whispers in her ear.
"I know it will be, as long as you're there."

===========================
DAY 1
Only seven days. Seven days to make Emily happy. That's all what's been going on in Chase's mind. He's been planning stuff all week. Stuff like rafting and paragliding. All things she likes, or wants to do at least once in her life. Which is pretty short.
"Are you ready?" Emily nods excitedly as Chase is about to reveal their first activity.

Chase removes his hands from her eyes. Emily looks around her curiously, she's on a boat.

"We are going to swim with sharks." Emily her mouth is now wide open.
"Sharks?! That's awesome! I've always wanted that!" Chase smiles satisfied. "And we're going right now." Happiness is visible in both of their eyes. Emily carefully locks her lips with her boyfriend's. It's a tender and soft kiss.

When they part Emily speaks up, "The last one in the water is a lose!" Before running over to the shark cage hanging on the side of the ship. The worker helps her in and Chase follows quickly. They are handed some oxygen masks before feeling the cage starting to lower in the water.

Once they're deep enough, they see some red, bloody flesh being thrown into the water, to get the sharks their attention.

"Wow..." Emily looks around at the enormous sharks. "This.... This is amazing. Thank you so much Chase!" She says through the communication devices in their masks. She wraps her hands around Chase's neck and hugs him tenderly.