That's what brothers are for, right?

Requested by : Tyrus4life

Plot :
Brotherly love between Chase and Adam. Chase gets embarrassed by Adam's overprotectiveness.

~~~~~~~

School was something. It wasn't awful, no, but great? No definitely not great either. But hey, it was better than a basement. Chase liked school, even if he already knew everything they were trying to teach them. If he is being honest, that is what makes it fun, it's quite amusing to see the teachers struggle with passing the information onto the students. It's hilarious, really.

The bad side of school are the students. Obviously not all of them, but the important ones. Trent, for instance. Having been homeschooled their entire live, they did not have that much social experience. And where Bree and Adam seemed to fit in, Chase didn't. Sure he had 'friends' but it wasn't like Bree's gossiping group, or Adam's sport dudes. They just fit. The group Chase joined is the nerd group, the smartest kids in school. But they were boring. All they are fan-boying about is kindergarten knowledge for Chase. They don't like explosions either. And hey, who doesn't like explosions? Chase does.
And this is how he became the loner at the school, with not only Trent picking on him but also the rest of the school simply ignoring him.

It didn't bother him to much, really. He had accepted it pretty soon. What did bother him, however, was when Bree and Adam their friends decided to make fun of him. Bree came to his room later, she was shamefully apologising for her friends. It ended in a hug and an 'it's alright, really'. But it bothered him still, eventhough he told Bree it didn't.
Adam, on the other hand was oblivious to his friends' comments thrown at his brother.
But Chase understood why they wouldn't stop their friends from making fun of him, he would probably do the same if he had friends. He saw his siblings being happy, so it was okay. Take one for the team, right?

One particular summer day after school changed things. The weather was nice, a little to hot but Chase had no complaints.

"Hey, idiot!" Chase was out on the benches behind the school after his classes ended. He always liked this place, it was peaceful. At least, most of the times. But today, he was not that lucky apparently. He felt a hand on his shoulder, rough and definitely not friendly. The brunette rolled his eyes before turning around to face Cole -orwas it Cobe?-.

"Yes, nice self-diagnosis," he knows he shouldn't say it. He knows he shouldn't anger this guy, he's a football player and one of Adam's friends. Behind him are two other guys, their names even less known to Chase.

"Shut up," the familiar sentences was uttered with a shove. Chase didn't see this coming as it usually stopped after the insults. He landed on the ground, the position very vulnerable to him as he was immediately searching for a defense mechanism.

"Huh, what you got now?" Cole/Cobe -though he was pretty sure it was Cole- hovered over him, his arms raised to be threatening. And Chase was this close to flipping him over and just pinning him to the ground, but he most certainly did not want Spike to show. So he kept quiet. Like he should've in the first place. Cole had his first raised now, ready to come down. The bionic teen prepared himself for the inevitable impact, but it never came.

Upon opening his eyes, Chase saw someone else standing over him. But this person wasn't facing him, he was facing someone else to the right of him.

"Get off of him!" Chase now recognised the voice as his brother. Within seconds he was on his feet to stop Adam from breaking this guy's nose. He dragged Adam away to the back of the school, where he used the privacy to calm down his brother.