Wait For Me To Come Home

Title taken from photograph by Ed Sheeran

Requested by Girllonny
I'm sorry if I twisted it up a bit, I got a little lost.
Thank you for requesting <3

Everyday was the same. Get up, train, go to bed. Repeat. Chase was used to it by now, he had never known differently. Since the moment he was able to walk -or more like wobble on his feet- he had been forced to do at least five hours of training a day. Aside from Douglas, he had never interacted with anyone, unless you count the times he fought whoever Douglas told him to fight. But those times didn't cheer Chase up so he would rather forget them. It was a lonely existence, to say the least, he sometimes even talked to himself. He really felt like he was going crazy, but after the age of 13 he had just accepted that and rolled with it.

The only thing that varied from day to day were the punishments. Depending on how bad he had messed up this time, he would get a beating. Sometimes bare fists, sometimes a belt, and, his least favourite, sometimes a new weapon. A weapon Douglas had made to harm whoever he wanted in pain now. A weapon designed for Chase to use as he followed orders, a weapon tested on Chase if he didn't do as asked.

Today, unfortunately, had another mission scheduled for him. A hightech facility break-in. The usual. Take out the guards, find whatever shiny toy Douglas wanted now and go back to the house. Not home, because a home is a place where you feel save and loved. At least, that's what he read on the Internet.

So here he was, standing in front of a big metal door, four guards laying down on the floor. They were still alive, not that Douglas cared, but still. It didn't take long to open the door and enter. He looked around, pulled up the picture Douglas had coded on his chip and scanned the room for similar objects. The target focuses on a secured box with the contents displayed like it was in a museum. How to be obvious? It was almost like they wanted it to be stolen. The glass didn't take long to break and soon, Chase had the weapon in his bag. His superhearing warned him there were people coming, so he turned around the corner next to the door, ready to attack. However, he momentarily did not know what to do when two teenagers entered the room, both wearing suits similar to his but with the same logo that was displayed on the door. And basically anything here. The two wasted no time making their way over to the box, panic in the girls voice as she talked to whoever was on the other side of her earpiece.

"It's gone, the glass is shattered and the ... thing is gone," she said since she had no idea what she was even protecting.

"I think someone took it," The guy next to her said. He was tall and masculine, Chase would almost be intimidated by him, if it weren't for the incredible stupid comment he just made.

"You think, Adam?" And Chase had to try very hard not to snort as the girl rolled her eyes.

"Let's go, big D needs some emotional support over his baby being stolen," and this just confirmed Chase's suspicion of the man owning this building. He has an ego that's just as big. But before Chase can do anything to stop them, the girl grabs onto who he learned to be Adam and flashed out of the room.

They're bionic, just like him.

He had to know more about this, about Adam, the girl and whoever big D is.
And he knew damn well Douglas couldn't find out.

His search didn't get him very far, there was very little to be found about them and since Douglas dropped him off there, he had now idea where they even lived. To say Douglas was happy about Chase's succes is an understatement. Chase had never seen the man so happy, even giving Chase a pat on his shoulder and a 'good work son' as he reached for the stolen weapon. And just that little interaction gave Chase hope, the hope he's been clutching onto since he was a little kid. That maybe, just maybe, if he tried hard enough, Douglas would appreciate him. Would love him. And he allowed himself to smile.