Miscarriage (October 2012)

Começar do início

Camryn is standing in a pool of blood right in front of the toilet. She couldn't make it. The blood was pooling down her leg. She sits down on the toilet in tears as her shaky hands dial Harry's phone. Her hands feel clammy and she feels like if she opens her mouth she'll be sick.

Harry: Hi bug!
Camryn chokes on a sob.
Camryn: Harry, I- I. Something happened. You need to come home.
Harry: Baby what do you mean? What happened?
Camryn: I- I don't know. I was with Darcy in her room and I felt a gush of something. There's so much blood.
Harry: A gush of blood? Yours or Darcy's?
Camryn: Mine. Mine.
Harry: Ok love I am coming home right now. I'm only five minutes away. I'm leaving the studio right now. Stay calm. Do you want me to stay on the line?
Camryn: I don't know. I need to get cleaned up. I need to go back to Darcy. The baby Harry. What if it's the baby? Do you think it's okay?
Harry: Bug, don't move, okay? I'll get you cleaned up when I get home. I don't want you to move, okay? Darcy is okay. She's probably just playing with her toys.
Camryn: The baby, Harry! What if something's wrong with the baby.
Harry pauses before he replies. He purposely avoided the question when Camryn first brought it up.
Harry: Don't worry, buggy. We'll get this figured out. We're alright. You're alright.

7 minutes later

Harry opens the front door to an eerie silence. He shuts it quickly and hears tiny footsteps tapping against the hardwood floor in a run.

"Dada!"Darcy exclaims running towards Harry.  Her brown curls are tied up in two pigtails with light pink bows and her denim dress is flowing behind her.

"Hi baby girl,"Harry greets reaching down to pick her up, "I love you. Where's mummy? Do you know?"

Darcy giggles as Harry gives her a kiss on the cheek, "potty."

"Okay, should we watch a show?"Harry asks bringing Darcy over to the couch and rushing to put a show on, anxious to help Camryn.

"Pwincess!"Darcy exclaims putting her pacifier in her mouth.

"Princess? How about Princess Belle?"Harry asks clicking on Beauty and the Beast. He runs upstairs taking two at a time and immediately going to the bathroom.

"Sweetheart?"Harry asks opening the door. His eyes land on Camryn who's sitting on the floor in a puddle of blood. Her jeans are soaked red and pushed down below her knees and there's soiled toilet paper all over the floor from her unsuccessful attempts to clean up the mess. Her eyes are red and swollen from crying. Upon seeing Harry she bursts into tears again.

"Hi, buggy, okay. We're okay,"Harry greets taking in the scene before him and beginning to bend down to comfort Camryn.

"Harry,"Camryn sobs holding up her hand. In her hand is the tiny body of baby, no bigger than a peach.

His voice is caught in his throat as his knees begin to feel weak. The wind has been knocked out of him and he can't process anything.

"Oh, love,"Harry says with tears beginning to uncontrollably fall along with Camryn's.

Harry squats down next to Camryn and surrounds her in a hug. Her hands that are dried with blood go into his hair as she sobs into his shoulder. Harry cries onto the top of Camryn's head.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry,"Camryn sobs, "this is my fault."

"No baby. No. This is not your fault. At all. It's not. Do not ever say that again, okay?"Harry replies tearfully cupping Camryn's face in his hands as she begins to speak looking at him.

"It just came out. A couple of minutes ago. I felt like I had to push. I shouldn't have pushed. I could've kept it in there,"Camryn sobs, "it was like when I had Darcy. My body like pushed for me. It hurt so much."