25- It was never that easy

From Yokozawa's understanding him and Kirishima were boyfriends now, though he didn't particularly know what that meant or entailed. Not much had changed between them but at the same time, things definitely weren't the same.

The elder male was nice to him. Not that he'd ever been abnormally cruel to him but he was definitely going out of his way to prove something. He made it his mission to make sure the experiment was beyond content and satisfied.

He also didn't dictate what the younger male did anymore. If Yokozawa wanted to go outside, he could go. He no longer needed permission to do certain things. All of this was indeed nice, but it came with a price.

It wasn't a hefty price but it was costly regardless. Kirishima would never make him do something he was uncomfortable with but this whole ordeal was beyond confusing. He didn't know what they were playing at or who they were fooling.

He had no idea what he'd gotten himself into.

"Hey, Takafumi." The curly haired male called out cheerfully when he spotted the gray eyed man standing next to the counter with a mug of coffee in his hand. He walked closer and his brow creased slightly once he saw the expression on the younger males face. "What's the matter? Did you burn yourself?"

The experiment quickly glanced at him and offered him an uncertain gaze. "N-no. I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine. Is there something you want to talk about?"

"Not really?" Yokozawa shrugged. There wasn't much bothering him, he was simply thinking about the events that had led him here. No matter which way he would've gone, it seems like this would've been the only outcome. Not that he was complaining, he was just wondering why it had to be this way.

Kirishima sighed softly. "You really are a mystery. If there's truly nothing bothering you, why don't we hang out for a bit? I want you to myself for a while before your friends get here."

"They're more your friends than mine."

"I don't know, you seem to enjoy Masamune's company a lot. Is it wrong for me to think that the two of you are friends?"

The experiment frowned for a second. He didn't like where this was going. "Ok. I think it's my turn to ask if something is bothering you."

"Not at all." The elder replied simply. "Let's go out for breakfast."

"I don't feel like going out."

Something was definitely wrong.

"Oh, ok then. Do you want to try and cook something? I'm not that good in the kitchen but I'm sure you've picked up a few edible recipes from the shows you watch."

Yokozawa pursed his lips. "Alright, but don't think you're getting out of helping." He answered while walking towards the stove and flicking it on. "Where do you keep your pots and pans?"

The elder man pointed to a cabinet above the counter. "Want me to get a pan down?"

A nod was all he received in response.

Kirishima got the pan down and placed it on the stove. He glanced at his boyfriend who was already rummaging through the fridge.

"We never decided on what to make."

"Make whatever you want. I'm sure it'll taste great."

Yokozawa shook his head, an amused chuckle tumbling past his lips. "You have so much faith in me. What if the food is disgusting and inedible? What will you do then?"

The curly haired man pondered for a second. "Something is better than nothing. So I'll take whatever you're willing to give me." He answered, a thoughtful look on his face. "After all, it's the thought that counts.~"

The experiment blushed slightly. "I suppose you're right. But what if you get food poisoning?"

"Getting sick because of something you made would be an honor." The elder laughed comically. "Anyways, what are you making?"

Gray eyes scanned the fridge. "I'm not sure. Do you like pancakes?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Smart ass." Yokozawa scoffed. He got the ingredients out and began mixing them. He wouldn't lie, it was a bit awkward having Kirishima just standing off to the side watching his every move with that scrutinizing, intrigued look.

Deciding he should give the older man a task, he called him over. "Mix this for me. I need to make sure the pan didn't get too hot." He handed the bowl to Kirishima and watched as the man almost dropped it.

"How long do I mix it?" The hazel eyed man asked, whisking the mixture clumsily. Small splotches of batter got on his clothes and fell on the floor. The experiment witnessed this and could only bite his tongue to keep silent.

How could anyone be this useless in the kitchen?

"That's good enough. Thank you, Kirishima." Yokozawa took the bowl back and ushered his partner to go sit down but the man refused and chose to hover next to him for the next ten minutes.

Once he was done cooking, the gray eyed man had Kirishima set the table and go sit down. He was tired of him getting in the way and finding something to make a mess of. His partner was no doubt a literal child.

Yokozawa gave his partner a stack of pancakes before taking a seat across from him. He brought his mug of coffee to his mouth and waited to hear the many complaints his partner might have. At this point, he'd prepared himself for the worse even though it was his first time cooking.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'm good."

Kirishima raised an eyebrow but didn't comment further. He cut through the stack of pancakes before bringing a piece to his mouth. His hazel eyes widened at the taste. They were good- no. That was an understatement, they were great.

They edges were nice and crispy and the center was light and fluffy. This had to be the best breakfast he'd ever had.

He stood up with his plate and walked towards the younger male. Yokozawa immediately ducked his head when he saw Kirishima approaching.

"If they're bad, you can throw them away."

"They're great. Try them." The elder male tried persuading. He slid the plate in front of the experiment.

Yokozawa raised a dismissive hand. "It's alright. If they're good, you should eat them."

Kirishima ignored him and stabbed the pancake with his fork before bringing it to the younger's mouth. "Come on, just try it. Please." The elder fluttered his eyes pleadingly and gave Yokozawa the saddest look he could possibly muster. He hadn't really expected this tactic to work, but was completely caught off guard when his partner nodded his head defeatedly.

Yokozawa opened his mouth and allowed Kirishima to feed him. The food wasn't terrible but it wasn't that great either. He didn't understand why the elder was making such a big deal about it. "They're a bit dry." He responded flatly.

"I think they're perfect."

"Well, I guess that's all that matters."

Kirishima gave an accepting nod. "Thanks for breakfast. I loved it." He paused for a second before leaning down and stealing a kiss. "But not as much as I love you."