26- Goodbye

Having to be the bigger person was never easy. To walk away and leave things the way they were wasn't any easier. Making someone pick between you and someone else wasn't easy either, but it was easy to put someone in that very position whether it was childish or not.

When it came to love, that person of interest should always be put first, but what do you do when you have multiple interests?

There wasn't just one type of love. There was the love you have for your initial family, your significant other and your friends. All of them are important, but who do you put at the top of that pyramid?

This is where Kirishima had no idea. He loved Takafumi, and he loved his daughter and parents as well, but who came first? Who's happiness should he put above all else?

The clear choice was his daughter because she depended on him and her happiness was his happiness, but if that was so, what had he been doing? He worked at the laboratory for the fact he needed money to support his daughter, but in doing so, he missed out on a good portion of her life.

She'd been raised by her grandparents for the longest. His biggest regret was not spending enough time with her even though she'd never hold him accountable for that. Hiyori was far too sweet and selfless to ever complain about something as futile as lost time.

It was this very lack of responsibility that had led the father to believe everything was alright, but the simple truth was nothing was fine. It was far from that. The line between great and chaotic was kilometers away. He was on a self destructive path.

Every possible decision that could end wrong was chosen without much consideration, not because he wanted to play around, but simply because he hadn't looked into things. If he had, then he wouldn't be where he was at right now.

He loved Yokozawa, but the hardest part of loving someone is knowing when to let them go. Not just for his sake, but for the others as well. The other deserved a chance to be free and experience things for himself.

Takafumi deserved better than him.

The gray eyed male deserved someone who could trust and confide in him, not just turn him away when things got tough. He deserved someone who was going to love him and not play games. And last but not least, he deserved someone who knew what they wanted.

Kirishima didn't know what he wanted. Perhaps it wasn't love that drew him to Yokozawa, perhaps it was his false sense of entitlement that had illusioned him in believing all of this could be his.

It was his own ego and possessiveness that had led to his downfall. The only logical thing to do was to let the experiment go.

Yokozawa didn't need him anymore. He was independent and would have no problem moving on. The only reason he hadn't done this sooner is because he'd allowed himself to think he was important, but truth be told, he was just a small stepping stone in the younger mans life.

With his mind made up, Kirishima approached the gray eyed man who was laying comfortably on the couch with a book in hand. He stood over him for a bit before using a hand to lower the others book so he could get his attention. "We need to talk." He said seriously, trying to keep his emotions at bay.

Yokozawa's brows furrowed slightly but he still put his book down and gave the elder his full attention. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked softly, his heart beginning to speed up. He couldn't help but think negatively. Had he done something?

The older man glanced to the side. "I love you, Takafumi." He started, not even able to look his boyfriend in the face. "But that's not enough, is it?"