23- Nothing like before

The second date Kirishima and Yokozawa went on was nothing like the first. While the previous had been at a weird cheap bar, this one was at an elegant looking place. It was almost like an art gallery, the type of place where you walk around with a food and beverage in hand and simply admire the decor.

The gray eyed male stared at the masterpieces in complete awe and amazement. Each piece of work was exquisite and refined. There were sculptures littering the entire place, as well as cool artifacts in display cases.

"So, how do you like it?" Kirishima asked, having been watching the younger male for quite some time.

"It's nice." Yokozawa responded simply, taking a small sip of champagne from the glass he had in his hand. "Do you come to these places often?" He asked, directing his gaze at the elder.

"I've never actually been here before. This is my first time coming to a place like this." Kirishima admitted while releasing a nervous chuckle. "I was hoping you'd like it."

"I do. I'm just not used to places like this. There's nothing but....rich people here. I feel out of my element."

"You're a simple person. That's what I like about you."

Yokozawa furrowed his brows slightly. "T-thank you?" He said in a voice filled with uncertainty. The elders comments were sounding more like declarations and less like friendly compliments. He didn't know what to make of it, but if one thing was certain, he wasn't going to ruin the comfortable mood.

So he let the comment fly over his head without as much as a simple thought and proceeded to walk around the exhibit with Kirishima close behind.

The two men walked around the entire building two times to ensure they had seen everything before deciding to call it a day. They threw away their fake, fancy champagne flutes and headed home.

Once they arrived at Kirishima's house, the experiment quickly kicked off his shoes and melted into one of the plush couches. He was exhausted. All that walking they'd done had tired him out, for sure he wouldn't have trouble falling asleep tonight.

...or right now.

His eyes slowly fluttered shut and stayed like that for a good couple of minutes as sleep cautiously enveloped him in an unstable slumber. He hadn't fallen asleep but he wasn't fully awake either, he was rocking in between both options.

Right as his body had succumbed to its desire for rest, he felt a flick on the forehead. The small sting of pain that had been inflicted upon his delicate skin had him jolting like a scared cat.

He quickly sat up and gave Kirishima an annoyed, sleepy glare. "What was that for? I was already falling asleep." The experiment voiced, his tone thick with fatigue.

"Come watch a movie with me." The curly haired man demanded, his eyes sparkling with childish innocence and a bit of hope.

"Right now?"

"Please."

"I don't understand how you can have so much energy at your age." Yokozawa heaved out while begrudgingly pulling his body off of the couch.

Kirishima stood there, a look of offense on his face. "....did you just call me old?"

"Well you're not exactly young."

"Ahhh, you're being so mean to me today."

Yokozawa shrugged. "So are we going to watch this movie or not? Cause if we're not, I'd love to go take a nap."

"You're not getting away that easily, come on." The curly haired man grabbed the younger man by his hand and led him into his room where the TV was already set.

"Get comfortable while I go get some snacks."

Yokozawa climbed on the bed but found it hard to get comfortable. He was in Kirishima's room. In all the time he'd lived at this house, he'd never once stepped foot in there. Now here he was sitting on the bed waiting to watch a movie.

It was odd.

He found himself glancing around the room and simply scoping out the decorations. There wasn't much. Besides the bed he was currently sitting on, the nightstand next to him, the vanity pressed up against the wall and the TV mounted in front of him, the room was pretty much empty.

Damn, was Kirishima that lazy to decorate, or did he simply lack coordination?

"I see you're judging my room." Kirishima said, a smirk plastered on his face as he watched the younger man jolt in surprise.

"I wasn't judging! I was simply looking around." Yokozawa tried defending himself.

"Hey, you don't have to explain yourself to me. I know this room is pretty bare, but I'm not much of a decorator as you can see."

"It's fine. What'd you bring?" Gray eyes widened when he spotted everything the elder had brought for them to eat. It looked like he'd raided the whole kitchen. ".....you don't plan on eating all of that, do you?"

"Well I have you to help me." Kirishima said, a sly smile on his face. "Anyways, scoot over. You're taking up the entire bed."

Without waiting for Yokozawa to move, the hazel eyed man hopped up and picked up the remote, pressing play on the movie and reclining against the headboard.

"What are we watching?"

"It's a scary movie."

"Scary movie?" Yokozawa questioned with a confused look on his face. "Why would you want to watch that?"

"Shh. The movie is playing." Kirishima shushed him by placing a finger over his mouth and giving him an abrupt, serious gaze.

The experiment blushed while nodding his head. He faced forward and began watching the television. What he realized is that the movie wasn't scary at all, it was more special effects and creepy music than anything. The "monster" was simply a person wearing terrible makeup and an ugly costume.

Put blank the movie was boring and not worth the time. At some point he found himself lying down with his hand propping up his head. The urge to yawn was strong, and try as he might, he couldn't hold it back.

He released the tired gesture, a clear sign his body was begging for rest before almost choking when the elder shoved a candy in his mouth.

"Oh no, you're not going to sleep. The movie isn't even half way done yet." Kirishima said, a small frown on his face. "I can't understand how you're so sleepy. We barely did anything today."

"I can't help it. This movie is boring."

"You sound like a child."

"You're the one who wanted me to watch the movie with you. Sorry if my company wasn't what you wanted or expected."

"Takafumi." The elder said in a heavy voice, his eyes fogging over. "Don't start being difficult. You know I love your company, if I didn't then I wouldn't have begged you to watch TV with me."

"If you like my company then don't complain about my personality!"

"I'm not!" Kirishima snapped before releasing a breath. "...I'm not. I adore your personality. I like when you give into my wants when I ask you to do something for me. I like when you choose to spend time with me and not anyone else."

"Why?" Yokozawa asked, his voice just above a whisper. The hazel eyed man was scaring him right now. He knew his question was a trap, a mystery he didn't want to comprehend, but a question he needed answered to finally be at peace.

What the elder said next completely caught him off guard. "I like you more than I should.~"