5- A pleasant surprise

"How's the teaching going" one of Kirishima's many workers asked, voice full of honest curiosity as he set both trays of food down. He hadn't seen the experiment in a while as he couldn't stand the sight of it being hurt. Despite this, the experiment seemed to dislike him. Steely grey eyes glowered at the emerald eyed man. A clear look of annoyance on his face.

"Its going well to be honest. He's a fast learner. Watch this" the curly haired boss spoke. The young scientist nodded, watching intently to see what the experiment would do.

"Can you say my name" Kirishima asked kindly, giving Yokozawa an encouraging smile as he hesitated. The grey eyed man glanced away, he really didn't want to talk in front of anyone at the moment he was bored and his back hurt from sitting in the damn wheelchair. The younger gasped when he felt his chin being grasped, forcing him to stare into warm hazel eyes. "Please" Kirishima threw in, giving the raven haired man a tender look.

"K-kirishima" Yokozawa stuttered out in an almost inaudible voice. His voice was a bit uneven and held a bit of apprehension as if scared he might get scolded for mispronouncing something. Though Kirishima never did, the thought still lingered in the youngers mind.

"Wow, I'm sure Takano will be jealous" the green eyed scientist commented, a small smile on his face as he spoke. "Why would he have any reason to get jealous" the curly haired man questioned, smile dropping in favor of a frown.

"He had tried to teach Takafumi to speak before you returned from your break but as you can tell; he wasn't very successful" Ritsu explained, racalling all the times his fellow co-worker had gone off on the grey eyed man for not speaking. The hazel eyed man hummed, a deep furrow between his brows.

"He wasn't successful because he wasn't patient" Kirishima finally concluded, turning away from the green eyed man. "Anyways, good job Takafumi! I'm proud of you, later I'll give you a surprise" the doting boss promised, clear admiration radiating off of him as he smiled at the shorter man.

"Uhm" Ritsu hesitated, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "Aren't you going to feed him or do you want someone else to do it?"

"Oh, thanks for reminding me. I'll do it, don't worry" Kirishima quickly replied, he felt like a new father all over again. The pressure not to mess up was starting to get to him, but he refused to let it show.

"Ok, you're the boss" the short scientist shrugged dismissively, walking away as he wasn't needed anymore.

Kirishima watched as the scientist walked away, waiting until he was completely gone to turn back to Yokozawa. "Sorry about that. I should've fed you first before conversing with my employee" the curly haired man apologized, opening the small bowl of noodles his worker had so graciously brought.

The hazel eyed man skillfully picked up a few noodles on his chopsticks and held them in front of the others mouth, smiling when the younger accepted them with little hesitation. Noted, he likes ramen noodles.

Kirishima continued feeding the greyed eyed man until there was no more noddles left, he was honestly surprised the younger had eaten so much but then again; it was probably his fault for making him wait. "Here, drink some water" the boss demanded softly, holding the straw in front of the experiments lips. The raven haired man took a small sip before quickly unlatching from the plastic and blinking.

He should be thirsty as well, shouldn't he? The hazel eyed man questioned, studying Yokozawa's face, looking for any sign of discomfort; but all he saw was slight boredom and a hint of tiredness.

"Are you tired of water" the kind man asked, a sympathetic look on his face as he spoke. The curly haired man quickly stabbed a straw in his beverage and broughy it to the mans lips, waiting patiently but nothing happened. The raven haired experiment simply stared blankly, a bit lost. Kirishima tapped his chin in thought until he got an idea. He carefully, as if not to get bit, tapped on the youngers chin, watching as the younger opened his mouth slightly in response. Kirishima carefully took off the lid to the glass and tipped it forward, making sure not to spill it on the restrained man.

A bright smile spread across the older mans face as he watched the experiment drink a bit more. "I take it that you like juice. I'll be sure to get you some for dinner" the hazel eyed man informed, feeling proud. It felt amazing to see all his hard work paying off.

. . .
"Ok Takafumi, I'm un-restraining you now so you can play with your surprise" the hazel eyed boss informed in a stern yet soft parental tone. "But when the small hand reaches..... 11, I want you sitting down on your bed ok" Kirishima stated, pointing at the clock on the wall. Yokozawa nodded, watching as the older man undid the straps that confined his wrists. A feeling of relief set over him as he could now move his arms and legs freely.

Kirishima walked to the opposite side of the room and picked up a huge box, quickly returning back to his experiments side. Grey eyes watched curiously, the box had indeed caught his interest. The experiment continued watching, tilting his head to the side when Kirishima dumped the contents of the box out. Medium sized building blocks were now scattered all over the floor, yet Yokozawa simply stared at them.

"Here, try stacking them for me" the curly haired man commanded softly, placing the block in the youngers hand. Yokozawa simply ignored him and moved the object towards his mouth. "Ah, ah, ah. No eating the blocks, you'll get sick" Kirishima warned, catching the grey eyed man by his wrist, right as he was about to put the item in his mouth.

Grey eyes widend in shock, he'd never had anyone lean in that close and tell him not to do something. He quickly nodded earning a smile from the older. "Good boy, I'll be back in a bit. Stay put" the hazel eyed man stated sternly, walking out of the room. Door remaining a tad bit open. Kirishima figured he'd test the boys ability to follow instructions, he seriously hoped the man listened.

. . .
Kirishima felt his chest swell with pride as he walked back to the room. The grey eyed man was still seated on the floor, examining the blocks with clear fascination. The hazel eyed man entered the room, announcing his presence before walking towards the raven haired mans bed and placing a blue comforter on it. "10:55, he has five minutes, let's see what he does"

The hazel eyed man leaned against the wall, tapping his foot patiently. Yokozawa glanced up at the wall, head cocking to the side. The small hand was close to the 11 so he guessed it was time to go to bed. The younger stood up, gasping in shock when he saw the curly haired man leaning against the wall smirking. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you but I wanted to see if you'd listen to me. You did a good job" Kirishima stated, giving the experiment a closed eye smile.

The grey eyed man nodded, half understanding what was being said. Making his way towards the bed and laying down, waiting for Kirishima to put the restraints on, but the older simply shook his head. "I'm not restraining you tonight. You've shown me that you can be somewhat trusted in here alone. But, I am putting on your heart monitor, just to be on the safe side" Kirishima stated, though he knew Yokozawa didnt really need the monitor anymore, it was just a precaution to put the elder at ease. The raven haired man simply stared, watching as the nice man began attaching wires to his chest.

"Alright" Kirishima started, patting the experiments arm. "Have a goodnight." The grey eyed experiment nodded meekly. One question still remained. What was trust? Yokozawa simply shut his eyes, knowing the other man was gone when he heard a soft click followed by the lights being turned off.