18- Stay back

Yokozawa's gray eyes stayed staring at the door, waiting to see if he could see anyone in his line of vision or from his position in the dining room. He kept his gaze fixated in curiosity and alertness.

Perhaps one of the scientists was here?

He remembered Kirishima saying something about calling Takano to come over and check out the heart monitor because it had been acting up recently.

If that was the case, the experiment didn't want to linger. He didn't particularly like the scientist's company, the man had always been really distant and cold towards him. Only ever being nice when Kirishima was around.

Yokozawa got to his feet quietly and tried to make his escape to another room as diligently as he could. He walked around the stair case and bumped into someone, he jumped back and tensed.

The person who he bumped into smiled softly. "Oh, I'm sorry if I scared you. I was looking for my papa. Do you know where he is?"

The experiment blinked his eyes a couple of times. He had no idea who this person was.

Not knowing what was going on, the little girl continued. "Are you one of my papa's friends?"

Before Yokozawa could say anything, Kirishima reappeared. His hazel eyes widening in disbelief and fear when he saw his daughter standing with the experiment.

"Hiyo! Get away from him." The curly haired man ordered, grabbing his daughter by her forearm and shielding her behind him.

Yokozawa simply stared in confusion. Nothing was making sense right now.

Kirishima turned towards the experiment. "Stay." He commanded harshly, his voice not strong enough to be a yell, but not soft enough to be a whisper or friendly gesture. He spun back towards his daughter and began questioning her. "What are you doing here, Hiyo? I told you I was going to see you real soon."

The small child blushed, fidgeting nervously in the spot she was standing in. "I-I missed you, papa. So I told grandma and grandpa to drop me off here."

"Hiyo." The father said while releasing a weary sigh. "Papa missed you too, but you can't be here....it's not safe."

"I just wanted to see you." The girl now known as Hiyo muttered in an upset voice, her eyes becoming glossy with unshed tears. She hadn't seen her father in a while, she didn't get to celebrate his birthday with him, so could she really be blamed for taking the initiative to see him?

Kirishima's eyes instantly softened. "I know you did, my sweet little girl. Papa's really happy that you came to see him." He lifted her up and hugged her to his chest, completely basking in the moment of having his daughter with him again. He was so enveloped with being with his child, that he almost forgot that Yokozawa was there.

Almost.

He set the little girl down and eyed the experiment. He'd be lying if he said he trusted the experiment being around his daughter. Just knowing that Yokozawa and his little girl were in the same room made every parental fiber in his body turn ice cold.

"Stay here, Hiyo. I'm going to chat with my friend real quick."

"Can I come?" The small girl asked hopefully.

"No!" The father immediately barked out, grabbing Yokozawa by his wrist and dragging him to a back room.

The experiment furrowed his brows but didn't put up any protest when Kirishima none to gently threw open a door and pushed him in the room. He simply took a seat on the bed he'd landed on and peered up with piercing eyes.

"What are you-

"Zip it." The hazel eyed man said in a stern voice, cutting the experiment off. "You're going to stay here until I figure out what to do. I don't want to hear or see you until I come in here and get you, alright?"

Yokozawa's gray eyes narrowed into a glare, his irises dark with anger and confusion. "Why?" He questioned his tone anything but understanding.

He couldn't comprehend why Kirishima was being so unnaturally cruel with him all of a sudden. Had he done something wrong?

"Because I said so. I don't want to have to repeat myself."

The younger man's displeasure only grew. "So you just expect me to stay in here all day because of what? I'm not doing that-

"If you won't stay in here willingly, I guess there's other ways to make sure you don't move or talk." Kirishima said, signalling to a bed that had restraints on it and multiple vials and needles strewn haphazardly on a medical table.

He wasn't trying to be mean or unfair on purpose but his daughter came first and his parental instincts were in overdrive right now, meaning nothing he was saying was really rational.

Or even thought out for that matter.

Yokozawa's blood ran cold with fear and he couldn't suppress the shiver that ran down his back, making him shudder violently. His whole body tensed up and his hands trembled. "Fuck you!"

The hazel eyed man gripped his chin tightly and leaned in. "I suggest you keep it down if you don't want to lose the ability to talk."

The experiment's chest heaved up and down erratically and his bright eyes dulled and filled with tears. "G-get off of me!" He kicked Kirishima hard, watching as the man winced while letting out a groan and finally stepping back.

He eyed the younger male dangerously, his hazel eyes crackling and turning a shade or two darker. "Keep it up. You already know what's going to happen if I see you out of this room."

With that, Kirishima left the room and slammed the door. Being sure to lock it before throwing the key on a small nightstand in the hallway. He heard something smash against the door before hitting the floor and shattering, but he simply shook off his anger and returned back to his daughter.

The little, doe eyed girl immediately perked up at her father's return. "Where did your friend go?"

The father let out a nervous chuckle. "He had to leave, but don't worry. That just means you and I get a chance to catch up a bit before I have to go back to work. So what do you want to do."

Hiyo smiled brightly. "Really?! We get to do what I want to do today?"

"Yep, anything you want."

So that's how the rest of Kirishima's day went. He spent the entire afternoon hanging out with his daughter, engaging in whatever crazy antics she suggested. He had to occasionally change the topic sometimes because she'd question him about the man she bumped into, but other than that, they had a great time.

He dropped her off at his parent's house a little bit before nine o'clock, then he drove back to his secluded house. He entered the home and didn't hear or see the experiment anywheres so he could only guess that he had stayed in the room and obeyed him.

He walked towards the locked door but shook his head, Yokozawa was probably asleep and didn't want to be bothered, much less, even see him. So he decided to leave it like that. He'd come back when things cooled down. Plus Takano would be there soon, so the experiment wouldn't be alone for long.

With this knowledge easing his trainwreck of worries, he left. He tried convincing himself that he was leaving so he wouldn't bother the gray eyed male, but truth be told, he was still a bit pissed at the way things had gone. He was pissed at himself, he was pissed at what he'd done, and most of all, he was pissed at Takafumi.

But....he didn't know why.